Sign in to follow this  
GeneeP

letter from previous employer confirming NOC

GeneeP

Hi all, 

My previous employer is drafting a letter detailing my duties to confirm my NOC, but I'm not sure (other than title and duties) what the letter should include? and who do you address it to? any advice or examples would be great, thanks!

KelvinK

Hi @GeneeP here is an example of my letter (NOC 2161) which got me in just fine. You can have a look at my NOC job duties here and how it compares to what's on my letter. Remember to do yours on an official company letter head, signed by your manager and showing their phone number, email and company address. A tip is to use key words from your NOC duties, but don't copy word for word. 

My noc:

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/e816aa4eb6ce44d9b2c6176f16f0693b?objectid=C%2B9B6ryXpxDbcOkEYgI3NDbUnNVAzbNG80vbd5ClKM6DcwcKdDEQSXypT4I%2B2wEU 

Kelvin Kruger NOC 2161 Ref Letter Mar2017 - Present.pdf

GuyRussy

To add to Kelvin's letter, another template. Like Kelvin's letter states, remuneration and part/full time basis is important. Obviously, it needs to be full time employment. You can also include hours worked per week.

For my letter from my ex employer, I had a colleague and senior colleague sign, and it was accepted without a problem. 

Proof of work experience - ECIC 2019.pdf

• Thanks 1

GeneeP

@GuyRussy and @KelvinK thank you so much!! This is a huge help. Don't know what I'd do without this forum!

• Like 1