PR0718

Passport Renewals from Vancouver

PR0718

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone has had experience renewing their passport from outside Ottawa or Toronto? I currently live in Vancouver and have a few questions about the application process. 

Thanks!

CapieCanadian

Hi there

I'm also in Vancouver and was told to apply for a lost or damaged passport instead of applying for a renewal. This was the link I was given http://www.southafrica-canada.ca/lost-or-damaged-passport/

I haven't gone through this process yet although I'll have to very soon. I know of someone who was successful with this process and will post their feedback here once I have it.

PR0718

Hi!

Thanks for the link - I see that the application process for a renewal vs lost/damaged passport is quite similar, except for the cost. Is there a reason that it's better to apply for a lost one? 

NadiaBD

Hi @PR0718

We need to apply for my Husband's Passport now and was just wondering about the process as the website just feel chaotic. We already have our BI9 form, but at what stage do we need to do fingerprints and Notary. For example do you first fill in all the documentation, then fingerprints then the notary or do you have to fill in some information in front of the notary?

Also, did you send in proof of PR or work permit?

Thank you

LD8

Hi there

I am also in the process of applying for a new passport from Vancouver. Can anyone assist me on the following questions:

1. Where would we get the banking details to make the payment.
  2. Regarding the final step of xpress post for the return of passport. What is the size of this envelope and when in the process should this happen. Should we also send one to receive new passport back. 
  3. Which office is best to use Toronto or Ontario? Do we use the address on the website? 

Thank you.