ZAtoCD

Cape to Canada! Looking for Some Advice

ZAtoCD

Hi all!

It's a pleasure to meet everyone. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading threads on this forum over the past while, leading up to my own application period. Now, I can happily say that's begun. I'm busy getting all my documents in order, getting ECA, etc. and intend to enter the pool at the start of 2020.

After a lengthy period of research, I settled on Edmonton as my destination, due to a number of factors I know about myself, and I'm sure I'll be happy with my decision. However, I am somewhat concerned about how long it'll take to find work there, so any insights will be greatly appreciated. I have a marketing master's and a couple of years of full-time marketing experience behind me. Luckily my field means I can work at an extremely broad range of companies/institutions.

1. At what point do you think I should begin reaching out to companies advertising jobs (and recruiters)?
2. What do you think the chances are of my getting Skype/phone interviews while still in SA?
3. Any advice in terms of what to do once I've hard landed next year, for finding work soonest (if I haven't already)?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)