Zanah

Recruitment Agency

Zanah

Dear All

Please could you help. We have been applying for jobs in Canada but with no luck.

Does anyone know of any reliable recruitment agencies that can help.

Regards

Zanah

Nelline

Recruitment agencies (in my experience)who help people find work from outside Canada are termed "headhunters" and they focus on very specific (scarce) skills and experience. So what is your skillset and experience, and maybe someone can direct you?

GuyRussy
6 hours ago, Zanah said:

Dear All

Please could you help. We have been applying for jobs in Canada but with no luck.

Does anyone know of any reliable recruitment agencies that can help.

Regards

Zanah

@Zanah have you converted your CV to a resume/style accepted by Canadians? 

Zanah
On 10/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, GuyRussy said:

@Zanah have you converted your CV to a resume/style accepted by Canadians? 

Dear Guy

We a full CV which is 4 pages and an abridged CV which which is tow pages.

We are not sure if it is an acceptable format in Canada.

Please could you let me know what the correct format is.

Regards

Zanah 

Edited by Zanah

Zanah
On 10/23/2019 at 2:27 AM, Nelline said:

Recruitment agencies (in my experience)who help people find work from outside Canada are termed "headhunters" and they focus on very specific (scarce) skills and experience. So what is your skillset and experience, and maybe someone can direct you?

Dear Nelline

We both have B Come Degrees. I have a B Come in Accounts and Business Management and my husband has a B Com Information Systems. 

I am the Finance Manager at my current job and I have been with this company for the past 14 years. 

My husband is a project manager at his current job and he has been with this company for the past eight years.

Please let e me know if you can help or if anyone else can help.

Regards

Zanah

Minna

Cv's are generally more detailed and resumes would be the shortened two pager summary. I found that in SA people don't really know how to draft either of the documents. 

I would be happy to look over your document if you want some feedback? 

Feto

Good Day @Zanah,

We found it challenging to find jobs in our field in Canada (wife still searching, I got lucky), so I don't know how easy it will be from SA. Knowing that we sent out a couple dozen CV's after we received our paper work.

That said, here are a few tips:

1) Tailor your Resume for every job you apply to. Reason (Most companies use tracking software to weed out resumes before it even hits a desk), if your resume does not contain corresponding key words to the job posting it will not make it through ATS to begin with.
2) Your resume should contain no personal information, except name, surname, location and contact details. ATS does not care if you are married or how many languages you speak or how many kids you have.
3) Don't include a header or footer - ATS cant see it.
4) Its worth researching ATS software, some of them give you 3 to 5 free resume scans to see if you are hitting the right key words. (Not something they generally use in SA yet)
5) Keep LinkedIn profile up to date... have a reference or three in you profile... people will contact you.

Once here it will be easier, because they do consider location when weeding out applications. To find a transition job for the coveted Canadian experience is also not hard, depends on what you are willing to do to make it. You can pay basic bills on minimum wage here... but you will still hemorrhage savings until you settle back into your profession.

Hope it helps a little bit...

Good luck and Don't give up...

• Like 2