Sign in to follow this  
HoneyClare

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 19 Applications

RFed

Wow, so many people receiving the golden email on this chat. Can I ask what your CRS score was? We are on 454 and given the current draw cut off scores (470+) it is not looking like we will get our golden email anytime soon.

LouiseV36
On 11/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, HoneyClare said:

Hi Fellow members, 

I need some reassurance on some developments and assistance. Yesterday I received a request for passports on an email with no changes on the online system is this normal? and should I assume that we were approved? as it doesn't really say that ....

Next steps is VFS for sending passports and their website does not say anything of the sort, has anyone done that part recently, how did you send in the passports?

Lastly, we have an appointment for passports on Wednesday for biometrics for the kids, (their passports expire in Jan and need to have 6month expiry) and passports have to be in to VFS in 30 days, should I email them that there is a delay or take a chance that I would get them back in time. 

I am sure you can all understand my anxiety after so much hard work to get to this point, any assistance will be appreciated! I have really valued this platform 

Tracy 

Congrats on receiving your golden email.  That is wonderful news.

We went to ABSA on Monday to renew my youngest passport.  His expires July next year but we do not want to have to renew from there.   The lady told us 7 to 14 working days but it might be 3 to 5.  We must just wait for the SMS.  I have seen others get theirs after 7 days.  

My online account only changed to approved when the Visas were put into the passports.  So you won't see a change until they do that.  But the fact you got your passport request pretty much means its a done deal.

All the best for the big move.

HoneyClare

Morning @LouiseV36,

Thanks for the information. We are off to the bank this afternoon. I am hoping for a quick turnaround time.

@RFed, most of us with lower scores have explored other ways to get more points. I only had around 420, so I did an application to Saskatchewan and got an additional 600 points that way with a provincial nomination. 

Thanks Tracy 

RFed

Thanks Tracy.

I was also looking at the SINP. I think I must just pay the 350 dollars and to for it. Under which NOC code did you apply Tracy?

Tiaan

HoneyClare

@Rfed it was so long ago cant remember the noc code, I had two I am a social worker, and in management, it only took two months at the time to get SNIP, once we were in the pool. That was a year ago already! 

When you get the extra 600 points its an incredible moment. 

We applied to Australia before Canada and it was way more expensive, Canada is very affordable 

Roz

Congratulations to all the Golden email holders. Hope you all are able to make the big move soon. Are there any other members still waiting? We application has been 100% since July 2020 and no update yet

Nykster

Hi @HoneyClare or anyone else who can advise,

So like you, I also have 425 points which are clearly not enough to qualify for EE. So I also want to go the PNP route. I have noticed that everyone seems to be going the Saskatchewan route so I decided to do an EOI. I ended up with 62 points (minimum is 60). I then checked the draws and saw that the cutoff is something like 78! So again I probably won't get a nomination. How on earth did you manage to rise above 78. I checked and double-checked my application and I don't see how it's possible for someone who didn't school or work in Canada to get above 62 points. Would you kindly help me with this conundrum and shed some light, thanks a lot! Also congrats on the 600 points, must have made your day!

Edited by Nykster
addition

HoneyClare

Hi Nykster,

Our immigration journey started 5 years ago, and with Canada I would say I started in 2018. It takes perseverance and I think a bit of luck. I tried to look back I was in SNIP pool and got invited in February 2019, and then submitted and received the points in August 2019. Then its an obvious invite in the EE pool.

SO the reason for Saskatchewan was from my research it was the easiest territory in that you didn't need a job offer or a relative. I obviously have neither. I am wracking my brain to think how many points I had, truly I can not remember. I will try log on and have a look. I remember there being different draws and that they favored particular professions for draws, some draws were for trades only.  

I also remember getting extra points, by getting my husband to also get ilets done. Obviously I don't know what your profile is like. The draws do go up and down each time. 

Let me get more information and I will get back to you....

We really all have to help each other to get there, our journey was affected by my sons remedial schooling and to have made it in was unbelievable, just keep trying ! (we were denied by Australia) 

Nykster
On 1/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, HoneyClare said:

Hi Nykster,

Our immigration journey started 5 years ago, and with Canada I would say I started in 2018. It takes perseverance and I think a bit of luck. I tried to look back I was in SNIP pool and got invited in February 2019, and then submitted and received the points in August 2019. Then its an obvious invite in the EE pool.

SO the reason for Saskatchewan was from my research it was the easiest territory in that you didn't need a job offer or a relative. I obviously have neither. I am wracking my brain to think how many points I had, truly I can not remember. I will try log on and have a look. I remember there being different draws and that they favored particular professions for draws, some draws were for trades only.  

I also remember getting extra points, by getting my husband to also get ilets done. Obviously I don't know what your profile is like. The draws do go up and down each time. 

Let me get more information and I will get back to you....

We really all have to help each other to get there, our journey was affected by my sons remedial schooling and to have made it in was unbelievable, just keep trying ! (we were denied by Australia) 

Thanks so much @HoneyClare!