OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 19 Applications

HoneyClare

@Spafty that is amazing! 

Good luck with the next steps ! 

Tracy 

• Like 1

Rosie

Hi guys.
I received my golden email this morning 😁 129 days past AOR. I also didn’t hear anything since biometrics in December. It seems that the visa office was Ottawa.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. Holding thumbs that the other November applications are being processed now 😊

• Like 2

Lolita16

Waouu, congrats mate and all the best

2 hours ago, Rosie said:

Hi guys.
I received my golden email this morning 😁 129 days past AOR. I also didn’t hear anything since biometrics in December. It seems that the visa office was Ottawa.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. Holding thumbs that the other November applications are being processed now 😊

GoDz85
Just now, Rosie said:

Hi guys.

Congratulations!!!

If you don't mind me asking how many days are left on GCKey and what percentage?

Would like to compare mine with yours. :)

GoDz85

We are at 84% with 29 days remaining and still no update since December (biometrics and medicals passed).
Starting to get a bit worried but keeping positive.

Rosie

Hi GoDz85. Thank you. 
Today my profile says 71% complete with 52 days to go. 
I’m sure your golden email will come through soon :)  
I did get a ghost update on Sunday night where my profile status changed from “submitted” to something like “application updated”. It was only temporary though and has now gone back to “submitted”. 

GoDz85
Just now, Rosie said:

Hi GoDz85. Thank you. 
Today my profile says 71% complete with 52 days to go. 
I’m sure your golden email will come through soon :)  
I did get a ghost update on Sunday night where my profile status changed from “submitted” to something like “application updated”. It was only temporary though and has now gone back to “submitted”. 

Thank you so much!

Guess because yours was done in Ottawa and mine is being done in Pretoria could be the difference.

LouiseV36
16 hours ago, Rosie said:

Hi guys.

Congrats.  That is amazing.  All the best with the rest of your journey.

Spafty
18 hours ago, Rosie said:

Hi guys.

Awesome and congrats!

Mine was Ottawa as well. Looks like they're the most efficient VO for Express Entry.

HoneyClare

Congrats @Rosie .. amazing news and great to see movement for our group! 

Sometimes I feel like I miss the boat on things, how do you all know which center is processing your visa?

Thanks Tracy 

GoDz85
Just now, HoneyClare said:

Congrats @Rosie .. amazing news and great to see movement for our group! 

Sometimes I feel like I miss the boat on things, how do you all know which center is processing your visa?

Thanks Tracy 

You can send a webform asking at which center your application is in and they will tell you. I asked them and they said my application is currently in Pretoria.

GoDz85

Hey all,

My application is now at 85% with 27 days remaining and still no update whatsoever.

Getting quite nervous now after hearing everyone's success stories. Just wish I could call IRCC and get an update :(

PhilipCX
6 hours ago, GoDz85 said:

Hey all,

My application is now at 85% with 27 days remaining and still no update whatsoever.

Getting quite nervous now after hearing everyone's success stories. Just wish I could call IRCC and get an update :(

You need to stay calm dude. You are getting worked up about nothing, the 6 month window are there for a reason, majority of cases seem to take that long. When your 6 months run out and you haven’t heard anything then log a webform, they’ll respond within 3 days or so and notify you if there is anything out of the ordinary on your application. This process is out of your hands anyway so just try and carry on with your normal day without thinking about it. 

HoneyClare

Hi Everyone, 

So the timeline keeps moving and as we get closer there is so much more uncertainty now with the Covid-19 around the world. It definately changes landing plans for us, if there are no jobs. Has anyone had any news @GoDz85 you should be getting close? 

Keep healthy everyone 

Deirdre
Posted (edited)

Hearing everyone receiving their visas so early is a miracle in itself

Our AOR were 20 May 2019 and we still dont have ANY news so HANG in there - we at the 10 x month mark 😞 and now with Corona even LONGER 

We have also done our police clearances TWICE 😡

And obviously our medicals expired so expecting that REDO medical email

The normal wait is 6-12 months although one HOPES for the GOLDEN email every single DAY  

Edited by Deirdre

Tarryn8

Hi Guys,

So it seems that  everthing is slowing down..There was an article in the Toronto sun a couple days ago saying Canada has hit the pause button on immigration.The IRCC nevertheless is saying they are still processing and accepting applications.. so only time will tell how much they can do given the unfortunate cirumstances the world is facing. 

Given the lockdown underway in SA I doubt you would be able to get your COPR in your passport anyways? 

Easier said than done, but hang in there everyone!

Jules

Besides the human loss, this COVID-19 is like an economic bomb blast and the after effects will linger for a long time unfortunately. I would not want to land in Canada this year and start a job search. 

HoneyClare

Hi All, 

Is there anyone that received anything? We are almost one month past the 6 month mark, all I can tell you is our application is in PTA and they will be delayed as they closed. 

I used to have excited anxiety and now I am pretty deflated as I dont think an answer is coming very soon at all! Look not that now is the time to be rushing over to Canada, but the control freak in me would like an answer 

Tracy 

Lolita16

Hi Tracy,

I'm also in the same situation like you. My AOR was 4 oct2019. I applied for GCMS note and it said that my application has been finalized on the 28th Feb and sent to Pretoria visa office. 

So, I guess, I have to wait for Pta office to reopen...

Lolita

Deirdre

@Lolita16 @HoneyClare

Next week the 20th of May we officially Hit our 1 x year mark - our AOR is 20 May 2019 

Can imagine the frustration - also received our GCMS notes - nothing interesting in there 

So the wait continue - guess we are actually at 11 x months "seeing the embassy have been closed for 5 x weeks"

HoneyClare

@Deidre that is so terrible, and frustrating when so many beat the 6 month mark! I feel so bad for you.... 

So we requested GCMS notes and even those were delayed we are now waiting an extra 3 months for our notes!! 

I just realized I have stopped counting! I think we are almost at 7 months, but with so much going on with COVID-19 and the situation we are in and those around us, our Canada answer will be something that happens when it happens, as I dont think we are going to hear anything soon. 

In honour of your 1 year anniversary I would do a webform ! 

GoDz85

Greetings,

As a preventative measure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the High Commission of Canada has reduced operations to priority services only. While visa and immigration applications continue to be processed, please note that processing times will be much longer than usual.

Your application is still in progress, and we will contact you directly if we require any further information.

Applicants may find information pertaining to the tracking of applications at the following address: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Regards,

Migration Section | Service de migration

High Commission of Canada in South Africa | Haut-commissariat du Canada en Afrique du Sud
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

GoDz85
Just now, GoDz85 said:

Greetings,

As a preventative measure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the High Commission of Canada has reduced operations to priority services only. While visa and immigration applications continue to be processed, please note that processing times will be much longer than usual.

Your application is still in progress, and we will contact you directly if we require any further information.

Applicants may find information pertaining to the tracking of applications at the following address: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Regards,

Migration Section | Service de migration

High Commission of Canada in South Africa | Haut-commissariat du Canada en Afrique du Sud
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

That is what I received today... ☹

Deirdre
Posted (edited)

This is not good regaring processing times

lines  @GoDz85 😰

But at least applications are being processed

Edited by Deirdre