Margaret

Container advice

Margaret

I am hoping for some advice regarding containers.  We hope to move to Burlington, Ontario in December.  We are taking three small pieces of furniture and a mixture of personal effects that would fit into small boxes.  I believe we do not need more than 3m3.  

Does anyone have experience with the MoveCube offered by SevenSeas?

Gary van der Westhuizen

Hi @Margaret

I haven't heard of or used MoveCube, but maybe look into U-bag. We used them a while back, and they airfreighted our boxes, and it was reasonably priced. You do need to pick it up at the airport yourself, as you need to clear customs assuming you had it on your good to follow list. 

MaryJane

Like Gary, I’ve also had experience with U-Bag and found their service great.

Haven't heard about MoveCube but I seem to recall hearing about SevenSeas before. You could try searching the forums. I’m pretty sure someone has used them before.

Margaret

Thank you!

Margaret

We had a look at MoveCube, turned out rather expensive compared to ordinary groupage container.  In the end I shipped some of our more urgent belongings using U-bag and the rest we are awaiting by container.

fry

@Margaret would you mind sharing the shipping container company that you decided to use?

Margaret

sure Fry, two services were willing to give us quotes at home (I preferred that since I presumed they gave more accurate quotes)..this was Bayley’s and Thompson’s..Bayley’s gave the better quote and their admin was quicker to respond to enquiries, so we went with them..so far, so good.

Clay1204

Can I please ask, how much does a container cost. I know they quite expensive, but not sure of the exact figure 

Margaret

we are paying approximately R55 000 for 10x1x1m..although, since our things have not arrived yet, I cannot vouch for hidden costs, or costs on arrival.  (and this excludes insurance, which I believe they will calculate on top of)

• Thanks 1