Sign in to follow this  
Celeste_J

Schools in Oakville

Celeste_J

Hi. We are arriving the 1st of December and are currently trying to find rental properties in the area that has good rankings for the elementary schools .

Does anybody have kids in New Central, Maple Grove or Joshua Creek? Or Know of parents with kids in these schools.

It is incredibly hard to make a decision on a school or place that you have never been to  🙈 

my son starts Grd 4 when we arrive but we considering putting our 2 kids in French immersion elementary schools. 

Any knowledge or advice would be appreciated please! 

Edited by Celeste_J

MaryJane

Hey @Celeste_J

I work close to Joshua Creek (I pass by it everyday) but must admit that I don’t know anybody who has kids going to that school.

In general, I find this area in Oakville good and close to many things. Not sure if that is what you are looking at.

Ranking the schools...am assuming you have looked at the Fraser Institute ranking? (http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx)

Seems like the schools you’ve chosen are well-ranked.

For French immersion, I seem to recall that one needs to apply beforehand. One of my colleague had a daughter who was admitted last year and they had to submit an application to get her in.

Good luck with the move!

• Thanks 1

Jolene

Celeste, were did you end up putting your children? We are moving to Oakville in June and are not sure about the schools. Looked at Pilgrims Wood?

Celeste_J
Posted (edited)

I will send you a private message . But honestly all schools on Oakville is very good. 

Edited by Celeste_J