Sign in to follow this  
Theron

Sept 2019 PR Applications

Recommended Posts

Theron
19 minutes ago, wensyb said:

So quick update, we got the golden email last week. Passports are in pretoria.

 

Hope you all get news soon!

@wensyb That's fantastic news! So happy for you!

Now the real work begins! Good luck with the planning, packing and moving. Where are you planning to land and work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wensyb

@Theron thank you! We are going to be staying in Bradford, just outside Toronto. Will find jobs when we land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wensyb

So our application is done! We have received visa's and COPR. 

 

How are your applications going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Hey @wensyb!

Nothing yet for ours ... I'm sooooooo anxious....

 

Any advice guys? Should I call? 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wensyb

@Seth when is your ETA? 

We heard nothing after passing medical and doing biometrics. 

Then bam. Our ETA was 28 Feb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Well, our Estimated time of completion on my profile is Febuary 4th ... Nothing has changed since we went for Biometrics... I hope they didn't misplace our file or forgot about us or something ....

 

It's weird, because we got our ITA in June 2019, then we submitted our docs on the 4th of August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wensyb

Im sure you will hear soon. I wouldnt call until after the est date of completion. They make it clear not to. Let us know what happens. 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers
On 12/23/2019 at 6:56 AM, wensyb said:

So quick update, we got the golden email last week. Passports are in pretoria.

 

Hope you all get news soon!

Congrats! awesome news! All the best for the move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theron

Our estimated date of completion is March 3 and the last we heard something was on September 17 when we passed our medicals. Getting anxious here because so many people who applied just before and after, and even on the same day, have received PPR emails.

So I'm hoping ours comes soon!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting as well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers
10 hours ago, Theron said:

Our estimated date of completion is March 3 and the last we heard something was on September 17 when we passed our medicals. Getting anxious here because so many people who applied just before and after, and even on the same day, have received PPR emails.

So I'm hoping ours comes soon!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting as well :)

@Theron Feeling the same way. Think the more days that go by, the more I check my emails and profile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Even me hey... So close to the end and you see other people getting their PPR mails. Anxious.  But, here's hoping that the mail comes for all of us soon. Be strong guys, do things after work. That seems to work for me. I used to go climbing once a week, now I go 3 times a week. Drinks on Wednesdays... haha.

 

Keep strong all! Soon!💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theron

I logged into our profile again this morning (for no specific reason). And for the first time since passing medicals in Sept the status said "Application/profile updated". 

I almost fell off my chair but then realized it's just a good old fashioned ghost update. There were no updates to any of the fields in the profile and even the "Application status" block in the top left said the last update was the medicals on Sept 17. So who knows...some say the ghost update is an indication that PPR won't be long now, so i'm hoping for the best.

Has anybody else had any updates? Ghost updates or otherwise?

Edited by Theron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth
15 hours ago, Theron said:

I logged into our profile again this morning (for no specific reason). And for the first time since passing medicals in Sept the status said "Application/profile updated". 

I almost fell off my chair but then realized it's just a good old fashioned ghost update. There were no updates to any of the fields in the profile and even the "Application status" block in the top left said the last update was the medicals on Sept 17. So who knows...some say the ghost update is an indication that PPR won't be long now, so i'm hoping for the best.

Has anybody else had any updates? Ghost updates or otherwise?

Hey @Theron! No movement on my side either. Not even a ghost update. Je suis épuisé 😓

Edited by Seth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers

@Theron Hi, nope nothing this side either. The famed Ghost Update is normally a good sign that someone has worked on your app and that there should be some movement soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theron

PPR! Yes I said it!

That ghost update we had over the weekend turned into a PPR email on Monday evening (February 3rd). I've been so excited and getting ready to send our passports in that I completely forgot to post an update here. 

FINALLY, a sigh of relieve :)

If ours came through now then I'm sure the rest of September's application are not far behind. Crossing fingers for you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wensyb

@Theron

Congratulations!!!

Now the hard work starts! 

 

We fly out of SA on the 17th April!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers
On 2/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, Theron said:

PPR! Yes I said it!

That ghost update we had over the weekend turned into a PPR email on Monday evening (February 3rd). I've been so excited and getting ready to send our passports in that I completely forgot to post an update here. 

FINALLY, a sigh of relieve :)

If ours came through now then I'm sure the rest of September's application are not far behind. Crossing fingers for you all!

@Theron Yes! Congrats! That is awesome news.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers

Hi all... So got our Golden e-mail late last night! Excited to say the least. Was up watching football and then saw the email so running on dreams and minimal sleep at the moment. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyClare

As this group has more approved than mine, could I get a couple of responses on what was on your timeline when the approval came through? So we are down to 53 days and 71% processed. I know there are applicants who got acceptance before then, just wondering if there is a time frame to watch out for?

 

also congrats @Slippers

Edited by HoneyClare
forgot to congratulate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers

@HoneyClare Hi, mine took 161 days from submission so think it was 20 days left on the counter. Not sure if you checked Myimmitracker out but it is quite a nice tool where everyone logs their cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Got My Golden Mail this weekend.... Feels unreal.

@HoneyClare Ours took very long. 208 days. So don't stress if nothing came through just yet -- It'll come :)

Congrats all! See you all in the true north!!! :ilikeit:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyClare

Thanks for the support all ! 

@Seth amazing news for a Monday, congrats ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theron

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see if anybody in this group is still waiting for the golden email? This virus sure has thrown a BIG spanner in the wheels for this whole process. 

I saw a tweet from the IRCC in Canada yesterday that said that people whose applications were approved through March 18, 2020, will be allowed to travel to Canada if they're not sick, and a few other requirements.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers
1 hour ago, Theron said:

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see if anybody in this group is still waiting for the golden email? This virus sure has thrown a BIG spanner in the wheels for this whole process. 

I saw a tweet from the IRCC in Canada yesterday that said that people whose applications were approved through March 18, 2020, will be allowed to travel to Canada if they're not sick, and a few other requirements.

Yeah, we considering pushing our landing back. Meant to be coming on the 10th of May got approved on 11 March so made the cut off. But had already resigned from our jobs here before things went nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slippers

Is there anyone who is in the group who should have left for Canada already? Or was meant to leave in the near future? How have you changed your plans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this