Deirdre

Flight Tickets

Deirdre

When approved for PR - do we have to book return flight tickets or one way for the family?

LidiaS77

Hi @Deirdre,

You can book either return or one-way. One way won't be a problem since having PR means you intend to permanently reside in Canada and there is no condition of having to go back to SA (like with other types of visas). We booked return flights since they were cheaper than one-way tickets for the route and airline that we preferred. We just never used the return part and didn't have any problems. On some airlines (e.g. sometimes Emirates) one-way tickets could be cheaper than return tickets but in many cases return tickets are cheaper.

sueannejoe

Hi @Deirdre congratulations!

I did the same as @LidiaS77 and booked a return flight, as it was much cheaper than a one-way. I also never used the return flight.

Deirdre

Thank you for the info 🙂 - I did notice there is little or no difference fee wise 

• Like 1

Flyfish

Hi @Deidre

We also got return tickets on KLM as they were cheaper and as we got closer to the return date we managed to get a refund for the return tickets. 

Good luck and welcome.

Kitcat

Hi @Deidre, we have just gotten an excellent quote for one-way tickets to Calgary from Cape Town through the International Organization for Migration (IOM) - they're associated with the UN and assist people migrating with reduced airfares and extra baggage allowance. It's almost a 50% savings! If you want further details, you're welcome to contact me.

• Like 3

Deirdre

Thanks @Kitcat will keep that in mind when our PR is approved