Sign in to follow this  
GoDz85

AIPP - Documents Needed

GoDz85

Good day all,

We are moving along quite quickly with regards to the AIPP. I am just worried that we need supporting documents that we currently don't have.

Please can you assist me with the required documents that we need for the AIPP program?

Unabridged birth certificates?

Unabridged marriage certificate?

Police clearance certificates?

Thanks so much

PhilipCX
33 minutes ago, GoDz85 said:

Good day all,

We are moving along quite quickly with regards to the AIPP. I am just worried that we need supporting documents that we currently don't have.

Please can you assist me with the required documents that we need for the AIPP program?

Unabridged birth certificates?

Unabridged marriage certificate?

Police clearance certificates?

Thanks so much

Hi @GoDz85

Unabridged birth and marriage certificates are through the Department of Home Affairs and this is NOT quick unfortunately, I'm not sure if Docassist or one of these companies can actually do it any faster? Police clearance are through your local SAPS office, pretty straightforward and costs about R140. Our SAPS told me 6-8 weeks and that is exactly how long it took both times. I believe there is a Postnet in Pretoria situated across from the office that issues the clearance certificates who can help, but not sure at what cost and if it speeds up the process.

Hope this helps

GoDz85

Thank you so much!

Another question, with regards to the work permits, what documents are required?

Thanks again

Nelline

I don't believe you need unabridged birth or marriage certificates - does the document checklist actually state that for AIPP? The straightforward version should be fine?

GoDz85

Thank so much. 

The document checklist doesn't state that we need unabridged birth certificates or unabridged marriage certificate but Im just worried when it comes to applying for PR.

LidiaS77
29 minutes ago, GoDz85 said:

The document checklist doesn't state that we need unabridged birth certificates or unabridged marriage certificate but Im just worried when it comes to applying for PR.

For PR we used our handwritten marriage certificate with no problems. I needed my unabridged birth certificate to prove relation to family in Canada, but my husband didn't need his at all - adults don't need them (but children do). It is best to have these documents though as they might be needed in the future. We used DocAssist to get ours and they did it much faster - we applied for my, my husband and my dad's unabridged birth certificates at the same time and only used DocAssist for mine and my dad's (as my husband's wasn't needed). My and my dad's certificates were ready in a few weeks and my husband's wasn't ready after 9 months, at which point we used DocAssist again to get it just before we left (after we've already received our PR).

Nelline

We didn't need unabridged anything for PR - though my kid's birth certificate is unabridged anyway.

GoDz85

Really??? Oh thank you so much!!!! I was so worried and busy getting everything ready to go and stand at home affairs. 

You have saved me day!

Syeren

a huge good luck to you following the AIPP. I have recently discovered this stream myself. busy researching as much as possible as a way of applying. would like to know how well you are doing and how long everything is taking.

GoDz85
On 9/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, Syeren said:

a huge good luck to you following the AIPP. I have recently discovered this stream myself. busy researching as much as possible as a way of applying. would like to know how well you are doing and how long everything is taking.

Hi @Syeren we just got our endorsement approval last night so now we are eligible to apply for work permits and permanent residency. 

Took St Johns about 2 weeks to approve the endorsement.

Now we are still waiting for our police clearance certificates (been 3 weeks now) and then we will apply for the work permits.