JdB

Time to stop lurking ;)

JdB

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the SACanada Forums for a while but having just come back from a 7-day birthday break it's time to introduce myself.

I'm a 35 year old web developer/web development manager/web solutions architect in Cape Town with two degrees (WES evaluation done). My partner and I have entered the pool on the princely CRS of 357 which we hope to raise to 437 after our IELTS exam this month. It'll be his first attempt and my second (first time LRWS was 9/9/6.5/7.5). My handwriting is atrocious so we are going for the computerised version this time. We can raise our CRS to 443 by early next year by having his education - including a Unisa course he is busy with - evaluated.

Having done some sums, along the lines of what @jimmy describes in his post at http://www.sacanada.org/topic/22567-your-crs-score-and-the-chances-of-being-selected-from-the-ee-pool/, I realise this won't be enough so we'll need to pursue job offers/provincial nomination. 

We are pretty set on living outside South Africa (at least for a time) and Canada ticks all the boxes: strong human rights, market economy with decent social security without being a nanny state, plenty of space & unspoilt nature, and of course English-speaking. I've also got uncles already established in Canada. I know it's going to be a long journey to get there but I'm approaching it as an adventure. 

Looking forward to walking the path with other SACanada forum members,

Johan

• Like 1

jimmy

Hi @JdB welcome........ I regret not "lurking" long enough on this forum before we pulled the trigger on the process. Would've made a couple of different choices if I knew then what I know now. Good luck with everything.......

• Thanks 1

MaryJane

Hi Johan! Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your application and path to Canada!

• Thanks 1