Jors

Job interview in sa for canada job

Jors

Hi 

If I get employment before moving to canada with a work permit, is the process relative easy from here? 

Jules
1 hour ago, Jors said:

Hi 

If I get employment before moving to canada with a work permit, is the process relative easy from here? 

All depends on what each person considers to be easy or difficult. I suppose that’s why this board exists - for people to post their experiences and for those looking to ask questions and search the 1000’s of questions posed and answered. 

Overall it’s not ridiculously complicated but not simple either. 

Jors

Hi Jules

I must say the company is flying out here to come and do interviews and this is not a agent, so far I know we must do the language test, and other than that there is apparently not muvh expenses on our side, except for the obvious docs and plane tickets. 

If they are doing all the paperwork for the work permits I really thought it would be easier. I have not managed to get info on people who had similar experiences. 

MaryJane

I don't have experience with this but can say that I think there would be less hassle if the company is offering to help with the work permit. There're less things to worry about.

If you have to do it alone, it's of course doable and, as Jules mentioned, not overly complicated. There'd be some document requirements, etc. and some research involved on the applicant side to ensure that everything is done correctly.

Good luck!

M-N

Hey! We had a job offer while in SA. We did a Skype interview and after receiving an official offer my new employers started the Work Permit process. The biggest challenge was getting a positive LMIA.  Our first one was declined and they ended up needing to reapply and go back to the drawing board.  The company made use of immigrantion lawyers.  We still had to do all the paperwork.  We didn't need to do language test but needed to do medicals.  

After we got the positive LMIA everything else was pretty painless.   The huge factor that makes things a lot easier is being able to land in a strange country knowing you have a job secured.  But, I'll warn you, even though you do not need the proof of income needed for PR (was about $12000 for hubby and I at the time), it's still an expensive process so save save save....all that Rand/by the CAD can go fast once you're here and waiting for those first few paychecks.  

Also, make sure you research the company thoroughly to make sure they are legit and above board before getting emotionally or monetarily involved.  If it's too good to be true it's very likely a scam.  Canada is great but you'll always get shitty people preying on the desperate.  

Best of luck!