Sign in to follow this  
Jors

Job and working permit in saskatoon

Jors

Good day

I would like to know if you do interview with a canadian company in south africa wich is helping with the work permit application and would want you to become a PR, because they want to employ you permanently, is it easier to go through the whole process? 

Lizelle

You need to explain this better. Do you mean that the company don't want to do a work permit, but will employ you once you have PR?

Jors

hi

They will arrange a 2 year work permit but the position will be permanent, so we would renew it after 2 years and/or hopefully apply  for PR in Canada

Lizelle

Okay.  Then I am not sure what the question is?   Are you asking if getting PR is easier if you have a work permit?

Yes, it is easier, because you have more points (I am assuming here, it has always been like that, but I don't know if they have changed it recently).  The actual process is not any faster, other than the fact that you will be selected sooner, because you have enough points the moment you enter the draw to be selected.  

As soon as you receive your work permit, enter the EE pool.  That way you will have PR as soon as you can.  It may seem like something that you can wait on, but don't.  Things change, the company goes under, the economy change, you end up hating your boss, whatever, and then you are screwed.  Once you have PR, you can continue to work for the company, but then you are set.  If anything happens, you are not bound by anything, and can move to any province, for any job, at any time.  

Edited by Lizelle