Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Fraser

Study Permit Applications - Fall 2019

Thomas_Fraser

Greetings,

Any Canadian study permit applicants for fall 2019 in the house? If so, perhaps we could use this thread to keep each other posted on any progress/challenges encountered during the application process.

I've personally applied for an MA at the University of Waterloo scheduled to commence in early September. After receiving my offer of admission earlier this year, I proceeded to submit an online study permit application on April 12 with an estimated turnaround of 14 weeks. Following this, my biometrics were enrolled on April 15 and medicals passed on May 10. As of present, my review of eligibility and background check are still ongoing, with no further updates since May 10. Furthermore, my application status is currently as follows:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

With several weeks left until the 14 week mark and September fast drawing near, I'm really hoping that everything will soon come to a successful close. However, one can never be too sure with these things, and I've been told by an immigration consultant that turnaround estimates are often quite unreliable. Hence, I suppose one can only hope for the best!

That being said, if there's anyone else with relevant questions and/or experiences relating to study permit applications for fall 2019, please feel free to share them here for mutual insight and support.

Thomas_Fraser

Update on my application status:

July 5, passport request received.

Thomas_Fraser

July 8, passport submitted.

Thomas_Fraser

July 9, application approved, awaiting passport return.

Thomas_Fraser

July 11, received passport with visa counterfoil attached - all systems go!

jimmy

Good Luck!!