Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Spirit of Toronto in a Twitter thread

Jules

For anyone sitting in SA and wondering if Canada is for you then please read the attached thread. It beautifully summarizes what Toronto (and the rest of Canada) is about. Maybe I’m getting soft as I grow older but reading it put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. Nav has an amazing life story and is a great guy  

I’m really proud to call this country my home  

https://www.bardown.com/appreciation-thread-for-raptors-superfan-nav-bhatia-goes-viral-on-twitter-1.1312126

• Like 2

Cathy K
Posted (edited)

I'm really happy for you that you enjoy the success of the Raptors so much.

Unfortunately, politically Canada isn't currently in a good place.

Edited by Cathy K

Jules
6 hours ago, Cathy K said:

I'm really happy for you that you enjoy the success of the Raptors so much.

Unfortunately, politically Canada isn't currently in a good place.

As the saying goes, “When in Rome...”

It is genuinely interesting how you and me have an opposite take on how the political climate is in the country (considering the fact that we are both conservatives). 

I don’t support the Liberals in any manner and can’t wait to see JT get the boot. But at the same time I still see an abundance of positives in the country. 

Jules

So tonight is game 5 with Toronto leading 3-1 in the series. Victory for tonight fir Toronto will seal it. Chance of the Golden State dynasty to come crashing down. 

Going into the finals most experts were expecting a sweep for Golden State. To win the series you need to win 4 times and nobody gave Toronto a chance of doing that. But here we are. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/overpowering-raptors-push-warriors-dynasty-brink-nba-finals/

Jules

Geez what a game last night. Golden State won it by 1 point. I hate to say the Raptors choked but they had the ball with 15 seconds on the clock and down by 1 point. And they had a timeout available. If you know anything about basketball then you know a team wins 90% of those games from there. Raptors lost.  
They didn’t take the timeout (to stop and agree on a play) and instead they got horribly confused on who should take the championship winning shot. Nobody seemed to want to take that shot because of the huge pressure, and they kept passing the ball around until the clock ran out forcing the last player to attempt a looooong shot on the buzzer. 
 :evil: 

so we go to game 6 in Oakland. 

poorguy

Is the next game a home game? 

Jules

Next game is tomorrow in Oakland California so Golden State has home court advantage. The Raptors have shown that they have the ability to win away games but historically Golden State has a high win rate at home. Sort of like the All Blacks playing in New Zealand. Raptors already did the impossible by beating Golden State on their home court twice so hoping for a third win is tough. 

On a side note the NBA surprisingly admitted that Toronto should have been awarded a 2 free throw penalty for a foul by Golden State when there was 49 seconds left in the last game. Toronto ended up losing by 1 point. Water under the bridge now but that was a potential championship deciding mistake by the officials.