Sign in to follow this  
PhilipCX

OINP ita

Recommended Posts

PhilipCX

Hi all

 

So on Friday night after a long and depressing week while sitting in bed my wife receives an email from CIC that we’ve received an ita for PNP 🙌. So if there is someone who has perhaps gone through the OINP route or has the knowledge I would appreciate your advice. I have the following concerns and questions:

 - Is there any reason you wouldn’t receive the 600 points if you can prove everything you’ve claimed on your EE profile, basically does an ita guarantee that you will be approved?;

 - the OINP website claims a 30-60 day processing time for the Human Capital stream, is this accurate if your documents are pretty straightforward?;

 - I’m quite sure there was things I was worried about this morning that I cannot remember now, but will add them later when I remember.

 

Thanks for all the valuable info from everyone on the forum that we’ve received already  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelline

I know a couple of families who have gone this route and it seems, if your paperwork is in order, everything is pretty much straightforward. Just dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

 

Congratulations!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew and Tash

Hi PhilipCX

We went through the PNP process for Ontario last year.

There were no major issues - we received the ITA in mid Jan and, as I remember we had 90 days to submit. It is a bit annoying to have this extra process in parallel but the good thing is that it's very much the same documents that you need to submit for PR application.

The processing time was around 60 days for OINP. Two weeks later we had received our PR ITA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
1 hour ago, Andrew and Tash said:

Hi PhilipCX

We went through the PNP process for Ontario last year.

There were no major issues - we received the ITA in mid Jan and, as I remember we had 90 days to submit. It is a bit annoying to have this extra process in parallel but the good thing is that it's very much the same documents that you need to submit for PR application.

The processing time was around 60 days for OINP. Two weeks later we had received our PR ITA.

Hi @Andrew and Tash

 

Thanks for the assurance. Are you guys in Ontario yet? We are planning a trip to go check it out in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flyfish

Hi PhilipCX

Congrats

We have just received our PR after going through the OINP process. It was all straightforward and all the documents are pretty much the same for all the application processes such as WP, EE, OINP and PR.

We are Inland applicants and live in Oakville, Ontario and we love it. There are so many awesome places to visit in the area and most are within an hour of where we are. 

Good luck with all the applications. It takes time and patience, but it is very worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
18 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Hi PhilipCX

Congrats

We have just received our PR after going through the OINP process. It was all straightforward and all the documents are pretty much the same for all the application processes such as WP, EE, OINP and PR.

We are Inland applicants and live in Oakville, Ontario and we love it. There are so many awesome places to visit in the area and most are within an hour of where we are. 

Good luck with all the applications. It takes time and patience, but it is very worth it.

Hi @Flyfish

Thanks, we are very excited as we pretty much have all our paperwork ready to submit, so hopefully I can still do that tonight. Oakville was one of the places we wanted to go past when we visit so if you don't mind I would like to drop you a PM at some stage?

Cheers

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amy G

@PhilipCX You’re going to fall in love with Oakville - we’re also here and are absolutely loving it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
2 hours ago, Amy G said:

@PhilipCX You’re going to fall in love with Oakville - we’re also here and are absolutely loving it. 

Great, definitely one of the places we plan to go past when we are there in September. Have you guys settled yet and how is job hunting going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flyfish

You can PM me any time with any questions. Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew and Tash
22 hours ago, PhilipCX said:

Hi @Andrew and Tash

 

Thanks for the assurance. Are you guys in Ontario yet? We are planning a trip to go check it out in September.

Hi PhilipCX

We're not in Ontario yet - we'll be doing a two week landing trip next month to activate PR, check out the job market and look at different places to stay. At the moment our preferred area is Burlington or Oakville. Our plan is to likely move in the middle of next year so that our kids would start school at the beginning of the school year.

Good luck with your trip in September, hope it goes well and answers your questions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmy

@PhilipCX that's amazing!! Congrats! It just so happened to be that we also received a NOI from the OINP Human Capital Priority stream draw of Friday. We only realised it this morning.

It's amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes!! We were so tantalizingly close on the draw of 1 May where we missed out on the tiebreaker by 4 days. Now that the EE cutoff has shot through the roof I made peace with the fact that it was going to take a long time for those scores to come down. I didn't expect this at all..... the Lord works in mysterious ways!

Here is the application guide explaining the process in detail and what you need. We have all the documents ready so can submit as soon as we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's. http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_hcp.pdf

Good luck with your application 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
2 minutes ago, jimmy said:

the Lord works in mysterious ways!

He certainly does. Congrats to you guys too. We also would have been in on the draw on 31 January had my wife's IELTS speaking been marked correctly, we had to send it for a remark and it went up from 7 to 8.5, but unfortunately the points have only gone one direction since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amy G
On 6/3/2019 at 1:07 PM, PhilipCX said:

Great, definitely one of the places we plan to go past when we are there in September. Have you guys settled yet and how is job hunting going?

@PhilipCX yep we are settled :) 

Job hunting is surprisingly easy. My hubby got a job within the first month. I started applying for jobs last week as my daughter only starts full time daycare in July. I applied for 3 and got job offers for 2 - accepted one today, really excited about the company. So we have been lucky!

The toughest things for me have been finding a good daycare (the waiting lists are insane!) and my fear of doing my drivers licence. I chickened out of doing my full G licence and rebooked for G2. Embarrassing I know... 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
4 hours ago, Amy G said:

@PhilipCX yep we are settled :) 

Job hunting is surprisingly easy. My hubby got a job within the first month. I started applying for jobs last week as my daughter only starts full time daycare in July. I applied for 3 and got job offers for 2 - accepted one today, really excited about the company. So we have been lucky!

The toughest things for me have been finding a good daycare (the waiting lists are insane!) and my fear of doing my drivers licence. I chickened out of doing my full G licence and rebooked for G2. Embarrassing I know... 😂

Well that is great news. I think if one can secure a job it will take 99% of the stress away. You guys seems to be on a roll, what line of work are you guys in? 

 

I think you must ask your daycare to keep us a spot so long 😉. Good luck with your G2, I will see how driving over there goes when we go over for our visit in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmy

I submitted our application on Saturday. Let's hope all goes well and we receive feedback soon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilipCX
2 hours ago, jimmy said:

I submitted our application on Saturday. Let's hope all goes well and we receive feedback soon

@jimmyNice, we submitted on Friday so lets see if the progress is similar. Do you know if that 30 - 60 days timeline is accurate?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmy

@PhilipCX Based on the data on myimmitracker from the last OINP draw in January it seems as if the bulk was processed 4 - 6 weeks. So unfortunately 30 - 60 days seem accurate.

Let's hope they want to work through the applications asap to finish them before they go on summer holiday 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this