OHCANADAAA

May 2019 applications

Deirdre

Did you ask for GCMS notes during your wait @OHCANADAAA?

OHCANADAAA
23 minutes ago, Deirdre said:

Did you ask for GCMS notes during your wait @OHCANADAAA?

Yes we did, funnily enough it arrived the evening before we got PPR and as such the information was already a bit old. The latest note said that the application was in queue for review, which I assume was the final review before they issued the PPR.

I assume you haven't? If you do, start reading at the very end, close to the end there will be a set of notes by the agents that handled the application, the newest note will be labeled "1" and the older notes sequentially from there. The rest of the notes can be a bit hard to decipher.

GCMS notes took about 4 weeks and we ordered it through a family member who is in Canada. You just need to sign a consent form and pay $5 I think.

Once we have our visas in hand I plan on doing a longer post detailing all the information we could gleam from the notes and the rest of the application timeline.

Deirdre

Thanks you @OHCANADAAA

JBRT
On 1/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, OHCANADAAA said:

Just received our golden email!

Great news, congratulations!!

QB87

Update from our side. 

AOR 28 May 2019.

September 2019, received notes and eligibility was not met due to proof of funds. 

September 2019, sent additional documents to clarify proof of funds. 

12 February 2020, ghost update. 

13 February 2020, received golden email!!! 

• Like 3

anxiety
4 hours ago, QB87 said:

Update from our side. 

AOR 28 May 2019.

September 2019, received notes and eligibility was not met due to proof of funds. 

September 2019, sent additional documents to clarify proof of funds. 

12 February 2020, ghost update. 

13 February 2020, received golden email!!! 

Great news indeed! Congratulations!!!

Deirdre

Congratulations  @QB87

Our AOR is 20 May so this week we will be at the 9 x months mark - FRUSTRATING to say the least!

OHCANADAAA
11 hours ago, Deirdre said:

Congratulations  @QB87

Our AOR is 20 May so this week we will be at the 9 x months mark - FRUSTRATING to say the least!

Goodluck @Deirdre! From AOR to PPR was exactly 9 months and 10 days for us, hopefully you're in the home stretch!

PhilipCX
12 hours ago, Deirdre said:

Congratulations  @QB87

@Deirdre This might be a stupid question, but did you raise a webform under the section that says "your application is taking longer than 6 months ....."? Ours and someone else's I know literally got movement right after that.

Luis Dos Santos
15 hours ago, Deirdre said:

Congratulations  @QB87

Our AOR was 31 March 2019 and we only received PPR on 10 Jan 2020....we were asked by CIC if we would be able to enter Canada before 8th Feb 2020 as our medicals were due to expire on that day. Obviously we weren't going to be able to make the deadline so we had to redo medicals again. We submitted new medicals on the 7 Feb 2020 and received the new PPR on 12 February 2020.

We didn't request updates or anything from CIC and just let the process run its course.

Deirdre

Thanks @Luis Dos Santos - guess we will just have to hang in there!

As for the webform @PhilipCX we applied through our solicitor in Canada so unfortunately have no access to this and the solicitor have SO many clients that I dont think he will raise this either

PhilipCX
5 minutes ago, Deirdre said:

Thanks @Luis Dos Santos - guess we will just have to hang in there!

As for the webform @PhilipCX we applied through our solicitor in Canada so unfortunately have no access to this and the solicitor have SO many clients that I dont think he will raise this either

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that. Good luck and as you say, just hang in there.