NadiaBD

Police Clearance

NadiaBD

Our Police Clearance was issued 04 January 2019 and we are submitting 15 May 2019. Now CIC's website says that your police clearance must bot be older than 6 months on date of submission and must not be expired. So I believe ours is still good, right? Is it best to get a new one and send that through once we receive it to make sure it is valid by the time they start processing our application and  to ensure it is valid for the duration of the application?

Thank you.

Moni5

@NadiaBD I would apply for another one in the meantime. Our PCC was also valid when we submitted it and CIC requested another one to be done regardless of the 6 month validity. Our PCC's was 4 months old when we submitted our application. Our application took about a year before we got PR so perhaps this is why they requested another PCC. When CIC requested us to obtain new PCC''s they gave us like 2 weeks to obtain new ones. I had to request an extension and give reasons as our SAPS was still busy with our PCC's and had to wait for the scanner at SAPS to be fixed.  

NadiaBD

@Moni5Thank you. We will do so. 

GerhardSA

I am having some headaches with our Police Clarence at this stage. I am already in Canada for a year and we are doing our PR app now. Sent our fingerprints etc in via courier last week Friday. Arrived at Pretoria offices and delivered (signed delivery) on Monday, yet we haven't received any notification (well...my dad didn't. I used his SA phone number as that was required). I phone then, send a billion emails and still not a sound. Nobody answers the phone when I phone all the numbers and obviously no reply on the emails. 

So what would I submit in the online section of the PR where the police certs are required if i get no joy from the LAZY SAPS regarding new police certs? Thais the only thing outstanding on our application?

I've already attached an additional supporting document with all the old certs (from Feb 2018), and additional info on our WES, IELTS etc( i'd rather submit more than what they require honestly. ) Don't want to give them any reason to reject the application, but I also don't want to wait forever for police clearance that might never happen because of the way things work/happen in SA with regards to "efficiency"

NadiaBD

Hi @GerhardSA, It takes about 5 working days for them to load your application. We applied from pta office and only received our sms a week later. From there it is 15 days processing, not sure if you gave permission for your dad to fetch it. After processing it takes about a week or two to send it back to the police that you applied at. 

GerhardSA

I sent it via courier and will send it back to Canada via courier again. They just told me to give a SA phone number to get the notification Sms', so I put up my dads number to let me know how it progresses. 

Once done, I will sent the courier out again to fetch and get back to me. 

Such a silly process really. Why cant these things just be done online. I mean, they already have a set of my fingerprints in the system due to my previous application last year. just look it up and see if its clean. and email me the certs. 

M-N
2 hours ago, GerhardSA said:

I sent it via courier and will send it back to Canada via courier again. They just told me to give a SA phone number to get the notification Sms', so I put up my dads number to let me know how it progresses. 

Once done, I will sent the courier out again to fetch and get back to me. 

Such a silly process really. Why cant these things just be done online. I mean, they already have a set of my fingerprints in the system due to my previous application last year. just look it up and see if its clean. and email me the certs. 

That's why we just used DocAssist. It's was simple for us and we didn't have to worry about anything.  They sorted it all out. We just sent them.our fingerprints papers via courier 

• Like 1

GerhardSA

So now its been a week (documents were signed for at reception in PTA for Police Clarence )and we've not heard a single thing. 

I've lost count how many times I've phoned and not once has anyone picked up the phone. I've sent about 2 emails every day requesting and update and till now haven't had any response on that either. 

I've started putting together a explanation letter again indicating that we've submitted for police clearance on this day/that date, paid these monies for the applications, courier, was signed etc at delivery address, but we are not hearing anything back. I'll give it another week before I upload that letter along with our PCCs from Feb last year indicating we've done what we could to get these documents, but the good'ol SAPS are just being what they've been the last 20 years. 

Theron

We are in Canada on WPs and have already applied for PR. We're waiting on the decision but after reading this thread I'm almost certain we will have to get updated PCCs. 

I've searched for the SAPS 91 (a) form but I can't find it on any (reputable) website. Can anyone help with where I can download form from please?

ReneLestan

Not sure how helpful they will be, but try VisaLogistics, they have the forms and can expedite getting the PCC at a fee, but they got ours very quickly.  I'll try find an email address quickly.

Yaaseen Allie

consultant@visalogistics.co.za

Very helpful and efficient, we had our PCC'S in a  week.