Sign in to follow this  
LD8

Bank Statement Translation (Proof of Funds)

LD8

Hi All

Thank you for all the topics going on in this forum. Is really helping a lot. 

Me and my partner received our ITA and is busy getting our documents in order while we wait for our final document. 

One of my bank statements is in Afrikaans. I asked the bank to change it to English but they can't go back and change my other statements and we are hoping to submit in the next week or two. This will not give us time to wait for a English statement. 

Does anyone now if we need to translate bank statements? If yes, is Docbase.ca a good source to use? 

Thank you in advance :) 

fry

Hi,

We ran into this same problem. And after much effort (4 visits to branches & calls to the service center) we managed to convince the Nedbank branch manager to write us a custom letter with the required information. It is hard to do, but it seems like there are some branch managers that are willing to help. That or I have read about private banking clients getting some help from their "private bankers".

Translations of our bank statements in from an SA company was quoted at R400 per page * 24 pages, which seemed ridiculous to us.

From my understanding the letter needs to be on official stationary, signed & stamped. Show dates the accounts were opened, account details and average balance for the last 6 months.

(we are still waiting for our application to be passed, so can't confirm if any of the above will work just yet)

Good luck!

LD8

Thank you :) 

We ended up using Docbase (http://www.docsbase.ca/) as they where a lot the cheaper and we got about 5 different quotes. We paid around R3 000 for almost 35 pages and other companies asked R15 000 - R25 000. The serves and product was also very good. Felt like a 24/7 serves and instant responses. 

We submitted our documents this week so joining you in the waiting phase :)

Good luck for you as well!