Sign in to follow this  
NadiaBD

Commissioner of Oath

NadiaBD

Hi there

Our application got cancelled because they said they do not accept documents stamped by a commissioner of oath. Can anyone provide me with details on if we submit our documents with or without a commisisoner of oaths stamp.

Thank you

Kitcat

Hi @NadiaBD, which documents specifically did you submit with a commissioner of oath stamp? For Express Entry, you need to provide scanned copies of the original docs, they don't need to be stamped. But I believe there are some requirements to have the one form attested for proving a common law partnership.

NadiaBD

Well they only provided feedback on our PCC. I submitted a web form now and together with that I uploaded all the documents without the stamp. Not sure if it will help. I do not understand why they will Reject the application and not ask for the docs without the stamp on it.

Maple Dreams

@NadiaBD Hi Nadia, if you certified the police clearance certificate, your application will be denied. as they specifically state that it should not be certified and a clear colour copy should be uploaded.

• Like 1

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams Thank you. Do you perhaps have a link for this information. I cannot find anything and want to make sure... 

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams I got the details now. Can't believe I missed ot. One has to read everything twice. For the other docs like the degrees and marriage certificate I do not see any specific requirements. Perhaps I should also just upload the originals? 

NadiaBD

Hi guys. Apologies for asking again... super stressed. Which docs did you certify, if any? 

Maple Dreams
Posted (edited)

@NadiaBD no documents need to be certified. Upload originals of everything. 

I notorized a common law document,but that's the only doc as Kitcat mentioned above. Good luck. 

Edited by Maple Dreams
  • Like 1

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams thank you for the assistance. I am sure everything will go good this time around. 

Maple Dreams

@NadiaBD do you have to re-enter the pool and wait for ITA again?

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams It seems they take some time to respond. I submitted a web form with the required documents. But we will submit a new application with the next ITA if they do not respond. 

Jaco_W
5 hours ago, Maple Dreams said:

@NadiaBD no documents need to be certified. Upload originals of everything. 

I notorized a common law document,but that's the only doc as Kitcat mentioned above. Good luck. 

Yip, same with us. Didn't certify anything and notarize common law doc.