Sign in to follow this  
Carla9xx

Best time to complete each step

Carla9xx

Hi everyone,

Please, can anyone give me some advice on when to do what in this process because I am afraid we have to redo things a few time before we actually go? I have completed my IELTS test last year already and i am very aware they are only valid for 2 years, we have finally gotten to a more stable financial situation and would really like to get things going, should i complete my medicals and police clearance along with the work experience reference letter before I do my online application. Any advice on when the best time would be for each step would be greatly appreciated

MaryJane

Hi @Carla9xx

Do you already have an EE profile? I just wanted to confirm because you mentioned completing an online application.

If you do not have an EE profile, I’d suggest get your IELTS result (which you already have) and your WES result, to start your profile.

While waiting to get an invitation to apply (ITA), my suggestion is to start getting all the other documents together (birth and marriage certificates, work experience letter, etc) Some actually do this before creating their EE profiles.

For police clearance and upfront medical, both can be done prior to ITA. However, medicals are expensive and have an 1 year expiry. So for me, I don’t think it’s a good idea to do medicals unless you are sure you are going to get an ITA soon. Police clearance certificates are the same. I think though it doesn’t cost as much so you can get this now and just keep renewing/reapplying until you get ITA. 

Hope this helps. I’ll let others jump in with their experiences.

• Thanks 1

DocMartin

Hi @Carla9xx

I agree with Mary Jane. From my own personal experience, doing the certification with WES takes the longest. So best to get that out of the way, which you could/should do now. Their evaluation is valid for 5 years if I'm not mistaken. We had our WES and IELTS done before submitting our EE profile (which is a prerequisite) . Our score was high, so we were quite sure we'd get an ITA. So whilst we waited for the ITA, we booked our medicals, requested our police clearance certificate, and got our work reference letters. It made the whole process lot easier. 

• Thanks 1

Carla9xx

@DocMartin @MaryJane

Thank you so much for your feedback we are still waiting for MIE before we send our stuff through to WE, the only thing that really worries me is the work experience letter can you do this after you created your EE profile? Do you only need WES and IELTS?  I don't exactly want to let my employer know I'm planning on leaving when I'm not certain how long it will take to get an ITA.

LouiseV36
Posted (edited)

Hi there.

All you need is IELTS and WES to enter into the EE pool.  You need to know your NOC code but do not need the work experience letter until you submit your application for PR.  WES is just ridiculously slow.  

Edited by LouiseV36
  • Thanks 1