Sign in to follow this  
wensyb

PR applications from Port Elizabeth

wensyb

Hi Guys

We have started the process of applying for PR through the Express Entry.

We are from Port Elizabeth, We will obviously need to go to Cape Town for Medicals and Biometrics. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do these on the same trip or will we have to travel twice?

Kitcat

Unfortunately, you'll most likely have to make two trips as you'll do your medicals before you submit your application (after receiving an ITA), and biometrics will be requested after you have submitted your application.

wensyb
Posted (edited)

any idea how long between, could we, for instance, do our medicals and submit our application the same day and then wait for biometrics request? Possibly make a week trip of it in Dec?

Edited by wensyb

Kitcat

Current trends are showing that the biometrics request is coming about four to five weeks after submitting the application - this is usually around the time that the CIC marks your medicals as passed.

wensyb

ok thank you so much! Not the answer I was hoping for at least one can plan. Will there be any other reason we may need to go to Cape Town?

Tell me, we have a baby - will be between 1-2 years at the time. Am I correct in saying that he needs to do medicals but not biometrics? 

Kitcat

If there is one thing I'm learning through this process, is that it's very difficult to plan anything :) but you just have to work through everything step by step and get used to waiting, as there is a lot of that in this process.

I don't think there would be any need to go to CT other than for your medicals or biometrics - although Durban is another option for medicals, if it works out cheaper. I believe you can write IELTS in PE, so that's one less thing. All members of the family will need to do the medicals - it's really not too bad for the little ones - just a general check up from the doc, no x-rays or blood tests for them.

Good luck with your application!