QB87

Filling in ITA Forms

QB87

Hi,

I've received an ITA and I'm now filling in the online application. I've heard that Canada is very strict on the application forms and I don't want to mess it up. (I am the primary candidate and sponsoring my common-law partner).

I've got a couple of questions and listed them in a numbered list below:

1. My partner is an accountant and she completed her articles. Should we put the 3 years she articled as education or under the job history section as employed?
  2. I've read that you should not leave any input box (required and optional) blank, rather mark it as NA or N/A. Is this true?
  3. In the Personal Details section there is a Family section. Please see marked in red below.
    1. Should I list my family members here even if they are not coming with to Canada? My family is alive and well but they don't depend on me. 
    2. Should I list my partner here if I am sponsoring her?
  4. image.png.7036a8af1cee2ea93d5d76cbbde8edd1.png
  5. In the Contact Details section, I'm not sure how to populate the PoBox and Address fields. There are two addresses to fill in here. PoBox and Street Address.

1.       How do I complete the PoBox if it only consists of one input field?  If I fill it in like "PoBox 1234 Example Park, 8976" it complains about the format.

2.       How do I complete the address section? For example, I live in a complex and my example address is shown below. How should I enter this address into the input fields in the online application as the online form does not have place to add the complex name?

123 La Belle Vie,

Koonap Street,

Fourways,

Johannesburg,

South Africa,

6. In the Job History section they are asking for the Primary Occupation, is the Primary Occupation your current job? For the question “Date XXXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation” is this when you obtained your degree or when you started the Primary Occupation?

QB87
Posted (edited)

Screenshot of address fields in online application. This will help explain my dilemma in point 5.

image.png.823640e83d1e871057815e9a73b2a973.png

Edited by QB87

MaryJane

NB: I'm not an Express Entry applicant so take my response with some pinch of salt 🙂

1. I included mine on job history.
2. Do not know so will leave this for someone else, but I would think this only applied to *mandatory* ones.
3. I included all immediate family members - siblings, parents, kids, spouse

5. For PO Box, it may be "PO Box 1234 Example Park 8976 South Africa" ?? The special character "," may be throwing it off?
5. For address filling, I think it should read:

Apartment/Unit number: Unit 123
Street number: (you should have a street number accompanying your street name) ###
Street name: Koonap Street
Street address/name line 2: La Belle Vie complex (or this could be where you put Fourways)
City: Fourways (or this could be where you put Johannesburg)
Region: Gauteng

The norm in SA is that you need to identify the complex name or else the post office may not know where to go. In Canada (Mississauga anyway), our complex addresses look like so:  123-789 Koonap St (this would be unit 123 on 789 Koonap St. I don't normally see the complex name.)

6. I don't have experience in this as I've only had one profession.

LidiaS77

3. Yes, you should give your parents, children, sibling information that they ask for in that question, regardless of whether they are coming with you or not.

logan

Hi @QB87,

On 4/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, QB87 said:

Should I list my partner here if I am sponsoring her?

I didn't add my wife here, the secondary applicant should have their own section where they will provide details of their own family.

How do I complete the address section?

If I recall correctly, we looked up the erf number for the complex, and completed it by using the unit number, and the erf street number without the complex name. Our reasoning was that as long as an average person could locate the front gate of the complex, and then have the unit number it is a reasonable way of locating the place of residence. What we did mostly agrees with  what @MaryJane said (except we just left out the complex name):

On 4/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, MaryJane said:

5. For address filling, I think it should read:

Apartment/Unit number: Unit 123
Street number: (you should have a street number accompanying your street name) ###
Street name: Koonap Street
Street address/name line 2: La Belle Vie complex (or this could be where you put Fourways)
City: Fourways (or this could be where you put Johannesburg)
Region: Gauteng

In the Job History section they are asking for the Primary Occupation, is the Primary Occupation your current job? For the question “Date XXXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation” is this when you obtained your degree or when you started the Primary Occupation?

I used the date I obtained my degree. In fact, I only started working in my field a year after I got my honours degree, but used the date I got my honours as the date I first qualified (honours being the minimum requirement in my field).

QB87

Thank you so much for all the help! Much appreciated 😊