MelanievR

IELTS

MelanievR

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is doing well. We are writing IELTS on the 13th. Can anyone help me with some of the topics they got during the IELTS. We would like to be prepared as much as possible. 

Thank you

Kitcat

Hi @MelanievR, my speaking test was mostly about houses and buildings and I had describe what my dream home looks like. For the writing I had to write a letter to a friend inviting them to a party and asking them for a recipe that I wanted to cook for the party. For the essay, the topic was "they say the best things in life are free" - do you agree or disagree and why.

Good luck!

LislB

We're also doing ours on Saturday. So nervous (feel totally ridiculous)! Where are you doing it and are you doing computer based or paper based?

Jaen

Seems like we are quite a few writing on Saturday. We're doing the computer based test

MelanievR

Hi

We are writing in JHB and we're doing the computer based test. Im so nervous!!! It seem ridiculous, but I really want it to go well

GrantM

Don't take it for granted - make sure you practice,

Chayne

A handy hint for the speaking portion is to have a few topics in mind that you can easily talk about and if you draw a blank, see if you can work these topics into your answer. They’re basically looking at your English speaking skills so better to talk fluently about a related topic than to um repeatedly because you don’t know much about the exact topic. You can even say something like “ I don’t know much about ... but in my experience ...”

• Like 1

Jaen

Got my results today: Listening 8, Reading 6, writing 7, speaking 7.5

Do not understand the 6. Overall average is 7, does this mean I need to rewrite?

logan

@Jaen, use: this to calculate your CLB levels for each mark, and this to translate the CLB levels into a score. A quick calculation on your language score without a spouse is 113/136, and 106/128 with a spouse. The language proficiency is probably the "easiest" place to improve your CRS score. But before you re-write, its probably best to see what your overall CRS score is and then make a decision.

Cheerio!

Michael Cairns
On 4/9/2019 at 9:33 PM, MelanievR said:

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is doing well. We are writing IELTS on the 13th. Can anyone help me with some of the topics they got during the IELTS. We would like to be prepared as much as possible. 

Thank you

The topic for the writing test recently was to write a letter to your friend, whose house you were minding whilst he was away, to tell him that his house was damaged by a storm. 

Just do as many of the example tests that you can find online.  They all are of a similar standard, which isn't too difficult, coming from South Africa.

Good luck.