Sign in to follow this  
Maple Dreams

PR Applications submitted Feb 2019

Maple Dreams

Hi Guys, 

Lets keep in touch and track the progress :)

PR Application submitted - 14 February 2019

Medicals passed - 03 April 2019

Biometrics - Awaiting Biometrics letter.

Will the biometrics letter be emailed to you or will it be in your CIC account?

logan
4 hours ago, Maple Dreams said:

Will the biometrics letter be emailed to you or will it be in your CIC account? 

Congratulations on the AOR!

You should get an email message indicating that your biometrics letter is in your CIC inbox.

Maple Dreams

@logan Thank you, I will keep an eye out for it. Congrats on CoPR😃

• Like 1

JaQ

PR Application submitted - 25 February 2019
Medicals passed - 11 April 2019
Biometrics - 15 April 2019

• Like 1

Maple Dreams

@JaQ we pretty much have a similar timeline...I did biometrics 11 April and it updated the same day.

Glad to see someone else in Feb timeline🙂

NadiaBD

Hi There

Based on everything that I have read thus far and information above, status updates is on Medical, Biometrics and PPR. But as you know on your profile that is steps for Eligibility and Financial statements - when did you receive feedback to say that all of this is in order as well? Or does it show processed together with your medicals.

Thank you

GuyRussy
Posted (edited)

@Maple Dreams I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but by the look of things, there aren't many February 2019 applications, and for that matter, March 2019 applications too.

I'm a March applicant. Perhaps other March applicants can post here too, so that we condense both February and March applicants?

PR application submitted - 26 March 2019

Edited by GuyRussy

Maple Dreams

@NadiaBD Hi Nadia, The only updates are acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) - confirming your application is received sucessfully by CIC, then its medicals passed and biometrics updates. After this, you may get feedback if they require additional information. If the process is taking too long or you are anxious, you can contact CIC to find out if you have passed criminality check, background check etc.

@GuyRussy Awesome 😊 Let me see if I can edit the heading 😃 

NadiaBD

Thanks a million. I am so stressed about the financials. I had to put 4 pages on one page just to get under the 4MB limit for uploading. So I hope they are happy with that. 

We are expecting the medical update this week. (If you look at the trend on immitracker)

NadiaBD

Hi There

So our application got cancelled, because they do not want certified copies. Submitted a web form now to try and "appeal" the cancellation and uploaded the docs without the certification 😞

So we might have to submit a new application and was wondering if you guys got financial statement from the bank (so that it can be stamped by the bank) or if you just downloaded it and submitted that documents.

Thanks

Maple Dreams

@NadiaBD Oh no! So sorry to hear. When you say Financial statements, do you mean bank statements from the bank that are stamped?

For proof of funds I followed the CIC requirements, got my banker to do the letters with all the information CIC required. Plus I added 3 months or more in some cases of bank statements for all accounts.

I didn't certify any copies  because I made sure the bank stamped each statement. I also noticed that FNB statements, if printed online allow for the stamp to be included electronically now, saving you the hassle of going into the bank.

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams Thank you. I just want to make sure that with re-submission everything is 100%. The statements is also as per CIC requirements. My problem is to get it under the 4MB file limit so saved it as 4 pages per sheet. I am just afraid they will have a issue with it. How did you manage to be below the size limit?

The problem with the certified copies was with the docs like the degrees, marriage certificate etc. 

GuyRussy

@NadiaBD try using a site like: https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf to compress PDF's, if you're having file size troubles.

Maple Dreams

@NadiaBD my proof of funds was around 50 pages..this included bank statements,letters etc..I scanned everything in colour and used 300dpi. I also used smallpdf.com to reduce the size.

NadiaBD

@Maple Dreams Thanks for the tip. Will do so. Normally I use Adobe's file size reducing function and at a point the quality reduces. So will try this smallpdf now. Thanks

NadiaBD

Hi there. So I just want to double check on something as all your application went through smoothly.... Which WES report did you upload - then one they sent you electronically or the original one you received by post?

Thanks!!

GuyRussy

Hi @NadiaBD I uploaded the electronic copy, downloadable from your WES account page (the same one they send to upon completion).

NadiaBD

@GuyRussy Thank you. That is the one we uploaded the first time as well. It notes the IRCC info at the bottom of fhe page.

GuyRussy
1 hour ago, NadiaBD said:

@GuyRussy Thank you. That is the one we uploaded the first time as well. It notes the IRCC info at the bottom of fhe page.

That's correct. Was it just your PCC's that were cited as reason for rejection, or WES docs too?

NadiaBD

@GuyRussy They only noted the PCC. But said that a full review of the application was not performed so I do not know if there was any other issues. 

Maple Dreams

So finally after much silence...PPR Email received!!:D :D Here's my timeline below:

AOR - 14 Feb 2019

Biometrics - 11 April 2019

18 July  -Decided to call CIC - no new notes on file, no red flags and VO - Ottawa

29 July - Logged onto my account -saw the notorious "Ghost update"

29 July 2019 at 23:38pm - Golden email:magic:

5.5 months of waiting. 

Now the big move to Toronto :ilikeit:

Wishing all that are still waiting a speedy PPR. 

• Like 6

GuyRussy

Don't know how I missed your update @Maple Dreams, but many congrats on your PPR 😀

When are you planning to leave for Toronto?

• Like 1

GuyRussy

That's PPR for me guys 😁

After two ghost updates in the last 3 days, all fingers were crossed, hoping PPR would be around the corner. At 1am this morning, the golden mail was there. And it was extremely difficult to fall back asleep, haha, so I'm feeling more zombie than human this morning. 

All the best to those still waiting, keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 9

Maple Dreams

@GuyRussy Thank you😁 and congrats to you!!🎊 

Leaving end of Sept, beginning October. Getting my resume done and starting the application process now after receiving CoPR.

Where are u heading? And when?

GuyRussy

@Maple Dreams haha thank you! 

My GF and I are planning to land in Toronto in November (possibly checkout Montreal). 

I'm also working on my resume at the moment, and applying for jobs too. You writing your resume yourself, and where are you planning to land/live? 

Seems you might be able to settle in somewhat before the crazy winter months 😁