Seth

Medical Clearance

Seth

Hi all!

Another question that I had was regarding the medical exam - I know you need to get it from a panel recognised physician and what it costs etc. I'm just not sure at which part of the entire application process this needs to happen - We're applying for Express Entry and are trying to get all our documents in order for that 60-day time limit.

JaQ

Typically you submit your EE profile and once you receive your ITA you book and do your medical within the 60-day time frame

jimmy

Hi @Seth welcome to the forum and good luck with this process. Prepare yourself because it is not going to be smooth sailing...... our experience so far has probably been one of the toughest we had to go through and although we are a lot closer than a couple of months ago, there is still some road left to get this process over and done with.

The medical exam is one of the last things to worry about as you will only need that after you have received your ITA when selected from the pool. I'm sure you have started your research and are already aware of a couple of things, but just as a matter of clarity, if you are going the EE route your first step should be to calculate your CRS score to find out if you have a chance of being selected from the pool. It is no use going through all of the effort if you don't have a realistic chance of being selected from the pool.

Here is a link to the calculator and also a link to the breakdown of how the scores are calculated

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

The next steps would be to book and write the IELTS test and also send your education credentials to WES for assessment to know what the Canadian equivalent of your qualification is. You need this information to be able to create an EE profile.

After/during this you can start working on getting the other documents you need for the application. Things like Unabridged birth certificates for all applicants, Unabridged marriage certificate, Police clearance certificate, Reference letters from current and previous employers to prove your working experience for the last 10 years. (I think the last 3 years should be in line with the NOC code you are using on your application). There is a whole list of documents you need for your PR application. Rather start with getting them ASAP, but you will actually only need them after receiving an ITA. 

this is my 10c regarding the process in a nutshell. Good luck.

LidiaS77
Posted (edited)

It is possible to do the medical before you receive your ITA. We did our medicals a week before receiving our ITA and this enabled us to submit our complete application the day after receiving ITA, making the process as fast as we could from our side. We were, however, very sure that we would get our ITA in the next draw based on forum speculations, and we did.

Edited by LidiaS77

Seth

Thanks all! I was just under the impression that the medical examination would have to go through Home Affairs - in which case it would likely be a bit more of a nightmare, but this cleared things up for me :)