jimmy

Passport validity when submitting PR application

jimmy

So my wife just got her newly updated IELTS certificate back with an improved writing score!! Words cannot describe this feeling......... eventually on the 4th attempt and after a remark on said attempt we can finally say GOOD RIDDANCE IELTS!! Thank you Lord!

We are sitting in the pool at 450 points and I hope the threshold will be in our favour with the next draw. Most of our documents are already in place barring the PCC that reaches the 6 month mark on 30 March which we will probably need to get new ones for. The other thing that I am concerned about is the expiry date of my passport, it expires in January 2020. So my questions are as follows:

1. When submitting your application for PR, what is the minimum validity period of your passport that is accepted by CIC?
  2. Can we submit our PR application with my current passport, apply for a new passport at a later stage and use the new passport to have the PR visa affixed after PPR?

Nelline

I have "6 months" in my mind... so I think your Jan 2020 one should be good to go. Hopefully someone else can confirm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MaryJane

I agree with @Nelline, 6 months sound about right.

#2 is definitely possible. You should be able to request for the PR visa to be affixed on the new passport. I did it for one of my kids when we applied.

• Thanks 1