logan

Photographers for PPR

logan

Hi all,

The PPR provides specific guidelines on the photographs that should be handed in with passports. I gather that there is no list of specified photographers to use, however, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide names of studios that they had good experiences with (as well as locations). It would make it easier than to go hunting -- here in the South of Joburg we don't always have the variety the other suburbs enjoy.

Cheerio!

LidiaS77

We did ours at Kodak Express at The Grove Mall in Pretoria in 2016. They knew exactly what to do and we had no problems with our photos.

• Like 1

CallMeIshmael

I used Photo First in Rosebank, I read here on the forum that they take photos to specification and they do. After your photo is taken they already have pre set options for EE/PR application and for citizenship application as well (the sizes are slightly different apparently). They have other branches but not sure if they do the same in all of them. I think as long as you take that specification sheet along with you any good photographer/photo place will be able to do it properly. 

• Thanks 1

GuyRussy
21 minutes ago, CallMeIshmael said:

I used Photo First in Rosebank, I read here on the forum that they take photos to specification and they do. After your photo is taken they already have pre set options for EE/PR application and for citizenship application as well (the sizes are slightly different apparently). They have other branches but not sure if they do the same in all of them. I think as long as you take that specification sheet along with you any good photographer/photo place will be able to do it properly. 

+1. We also took photos here. Its easy going because they have the pre-set formatting on their digital photo machine. Expect to pay around R 70.00 an applicant. 

• Thanks 1

logan

Thanks everyone. We went with Photo First in Rosebank. Speedy, and friendly. The person behind the counter took one look at the instructions, asked: "Canada?", proceeded to take the photos, printed them, stamped them, and handed them to us. 10 minutes, done and dusted.

PhilipCX

Why did you get them printed if I may ask, after submitting for ITA will you need another copy?

logan
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PhilipCX said:

Why did you get them printed if I may ask, after submitting for ITA will you need another copy?

Hi @PhilipCX, these are for submitting passports for the landing visas and confirmation of permanent residence, not for ITA. So I guess, yes: you would need more, but the ITA photos are submitted electronically. The PPR photos are hard copies.

Edited by logan
  • Like 1

LislB

Hi guys! Sorry to tag onto this post but my question is related...

The electronic photos that need to be submitted (with eAPR?) what are their specs and do Photo First (or whoever) put them on a flash disk for you?

TIA

logan
Posted (edited)

Hi @LislB, for the application, I used my local Kodak shop and simply asked for visa photos. They took them and placed them on a flash disk, no problems. I suspect most kodak's, photo-firsts, or so would be able to help. (The PPR photos mentioned above) have different dimensions, but those are supplied as part of the PPR letter.

Good with the application!

Edited by logan
  • Like 1

GuyRussy
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LislB said:

Hi guys! Sorry to tag onto this post but my question is related...

The electronic photos that need to be submitted (with eAPR?) what are their specs and do Photo First (or whoever) put them on a flash disk for you?

TIA

Hi @LislB

Below are the requirements as per IRCC for photos to be submitted for eAPR. Photo First Rosebank has the pre-set format for Canadian Immigration photos, so you'll be fine. Additionally, Photo First ended up emailing our photos to us. You can also take a USB with you, should you prefer that. 

"

Frame size

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format

• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

"

Edited by GuyRussy