Sign in to follow this  
Anneri & John

Express Entry Expiry date

Anneri & John

Hi everyone!

My husband and I have all our documents uploaded and in place, however we are still waiting for our South African police clearance.

We have to submit our application/docs by 23 March.

We applied for PCC on 17 Jan already as we live in Namibia and went to SA to do this, have been called them in Pretoria non stop these last few weeks, but they first had system problems and then the office got fumigated and they advised they have a backlog.

Very nervous we won’t get this in time!

Any way to get an extension on the date or what would be the best to do? We have our PCC application documents.

Thank you!

PhilipCX

If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere that you are allowed to show proof that you have requested/ applied for this. I've had a PI issue me and my wife copies of PCC's which comes from the exact same database that SAPS uses, just in case I run into this same problem as ours expired and waiting for new ones. The PI's certificate indicate that it is regulated by the PSIRA ( Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority) and states "Extracted from the South African Police Service Criminal Database". This is only a backup plan though if ours aren't ready. Not sure it is acceptable but will ate least prove that you've done everything within reason to get it. By the way, from what I understand it is not that SAPS had a system problem, apparently they didn't pay their subscriptions for accessing this database and were kicked off as a user :badidea: 

Anneri & John

Thank you for your feedback! 😊 Not really too shocked they are telling lies about what is currently happening and what is actually causing such huge delays..