Sign in to follow this  
Hilmarie

Medicals for PR vs work permit

Hilmarie

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can use the medicals we just did for our work permit application process for our PR application process? 

Thank you.

Hilmarie 

Nelline

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, as long as the medicals are still "in date" they can be used. So you'd need to check if your medicals are still "recent enough" to be used.

M-N
10 hours ago, Nelline said:

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, as long as the medicals are still "in date" they can be used. So you'd need to check if your medicals are still "recent enough" to be used.

It might be linked to their UCI number so I think if the number is the same (which it should be) you can use it. Not sure though. 

Theron
On 3/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, Hilmarie said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can use the medicals we just did for our work permit application process for our PR application process? 

Thank you.

Hilmarie 

I actually had the same question. As far as I know @Nelline is correct. From what I could find is that one's medicals are valid for 12 months from date of issue after which it will expire.

We entered the pool today (03/24) and our medicals for WP was done August 2018. We sufficient points to hopefully make it in the next round scheduled for April 3rd and then the long wait starts. I don't think our medicals will still be valid by the time the applications are processed (and hopefully approved) so it's a waiting game to see what happens.

Good luck!