Sign in to follow this  
CallMeIshmael

And so it begins!

CallMeIshmael

Hi guys! 

I submitted my profile this morning and was kind of disappointed when I checked the CIC website only to find that the round of invitations was done today so I was only expecting to get the ITA on the next draw but I just got a message and I’ve been invited to apply!!! I’m freaking out a bit but I’ve got most of everything in order, just need to transfer the remaing funds to my saving account on the next payday and should have my complete application by March 15th. 

Anyone else applying between now and April feel free to post on here so that we can share our timeline!

x

• Like 1

Nelline

Good for you! Best of luck!

CallMeIshmael

@Nelline thank you 🙂

LouiseV36

Congrats.  That is amazing news.  Hoping to be getting one of those in the upcoming weeks.  My score is 445 so I am hoping it comes down a bit.  All the best when you submit.

CallMeIshmael

🤞you get it soon Louise! 

CallMeIshmael

Here’s my full timeline below guys: 

AoR: Apr 9

MEP: May 17

BIL: May 17

Biometrics Complete: May 23

July 4th called CIC: VO CPC Ottawa

Jul 30th Ordered GCMS Notes (Criminality passed, eligibility and security not started) 

Last update on file June 19

16 Sept called CIC: No update 

RPRF Request: Oct 18

RPRF Paid: Oct 18 

Ghost Update: Oct 21 

PPR: 22 Oct

Passport Submitted: Oct 28

Application Approved: Nov 6

Visa Stamped: Nov 6

Return Tracker Activated:Nov 7

CoPR/Passport Received: Nov 8

Landed: Nov 11

I’m still at the airport waiting for my ride, just went out for a quick smoke in the snow (might be my motivation to quit haha) 

Landing was a breeze, took less than 10 minutes, I have no goods to follow and nothing to declare so it was a smooth process through immigration and customs. It’s Remembrance Day here today so Service Canada and Banks etc are closed, I’ll apply for my SIN and all the other stuff tomorrow.  

• Like 5

MaryJane
10 hours ago, CallMeIshmael said:

I’m still at the airport waiting for my ride, just went out for a quick smoke in the snow (might be my motivation to quit haha) 

My hubby quit smoking in Canada after more than 3 decades. Wait when you need to buy smokes, the prices of the pack are going to motivate you even more. 😉

Have fun settling!

hdub07
On 11/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, CallMeIshmael said:

Landing was a breeze, took less than 10 minutes,

I landed in the middle of January at Pearson... apparently in the middle of returning students season, it took 4 hours to get to see outside the airport after disembarking the aircraft 🥵

CallMeIshmael

@MaryJane I was here for a short while in June and was spending 20 dollars a pack!!! I almost cried when I saw my FNB statement hahah. I bought the maximum allowance of smokes this time from SA so I’m thinking I’ll quit after that lol! 

@hdub07 that sounds hectic! Besides me there was only one more person doing the landing when I arrived so it was totally opposite!