Yvonne Y

Yvonne Y

Yvonne Y

Hi, 

My husband and I are moving over in May this year. We have our Permanent Residence which we will validate once we enter.  I am not sure if this is where I ask questions, but cannot easily see on this forum where I should do this. 

I have a sewing machine and an overlocker which I use a lot.  Is it worth bringing them over with the different voltage in Canada?  Has anyone done this and does the converter work satisfactorily? I have read that many people do not recommend bringing electrical appliances. 

I'd love to find out and look forward to hearing from someone. 

MaryJane

Welcome to the forums, @Yvonne Y!

To search for topics, there is a search function at the top of the page, and you can just type in some key words, which will then return some results for you with regards to other threads.

Here's what I found with regards sewing machines and bringing them over. The post was early 2018 so it should still be valid. If you have more questions, do post them and we will see if anyone can answer them.  Happy posting!

Talya

I brought mine over but they never worked as well as they should. Rather replace once you arrive in Canada

Yvonne Y

Thanks for the quick reply Tayla, I had a feeling that that would be the case!   I see you have been there since 1996.  I have just joined the forum so am finding my way.  Looks like it can be very valuable for the likes of us newbies! 

I saw on a later post that many people have taken theirs over and they discuss plugs and transformers, but not how the machine actually sews so I have asked the question there too.  I am going to look at prices of machines in Canada before I decide what to do as it may be quite nice to get a new one ;) .

Thanks again!