JaQ

Funds - Education - Medical - Photo

JaQ

I will be submitting for PR before the end of February and I have a few questions that I hope you can help with.

Funds - I will be using my provident fund as POF. 
Should I upload the member statement only? (with the tax liability and currency conversion calculation loaded separately as part of the additional Letter of Explanation section)
Is there any reason to upload bank statements if they don't contribute to or form part of my POF for PR?

Education - In this section, should I upload my WES evaluation (ECA) report and the certificates for each qualification?
Or should I add even more documents like the transcripts etc?

Medical - I still need to book my medical. I will be doing it at the Rosebank Travel Doctor. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment with them or it is usually within a couple of days or a week?

Photo - for those in JHB who have submitted for PR. Where did you take your photos that meet the specific requirements as listed on the upload section?

Thank you all in advance!

Edited by JaQ

graciax452

Funds -  No need to show the accounts you are not using in POF but write something in your LOE stating you have no debts etc. I just did a screenshot of my bank accounts which were nearly empty just to show I had no debt.

Education - ECA plus certificates, no transcripts needed

Medicals -  I used Hatfield because everyone else had bookings too far in the future, may be different now...

Photo - Used Rosebank Foto first and made sure it was the dimensions I needed, went to the machine with her and everything.

GuyRussy
6 hours ago, JaQ said:

I will be submitting for PR before the end of February and I have a few questions that I hope you can help with.

Funds - I will be using my provident fund as POF. 
Should I upload the member statement only? (with the tax liability and currency conversion calculation loaded separately as part of the additional Letter of Explanation section)
Is there any reason to upload bank statements if they don't contribute to or form part of my POF for PR?

Education - In this section, should I upload my WES evaluation (ECA) report and the certificates for each qualification?
Or should I add even more documents like the transcripts etc?

Medical - I still need to book my medical. I will be doing it at the Rosebank Travel Doctor. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment with them or it is usually within a couple of days or a week?

Photo - for those in JHB who have submitted for PR. Where did you take your photos that meet the specific requirements as listed on the upload section?

Thank you all in advance!

Heard its a good idea to attach your IELTS certificate with your degree certificates and WES report.

Amy G

From our experience :)

Funds - we included all proof of funds documents together in one PDF pack (so including a summary and currency conversions). Our bank account was also not relevant but we included an account confirmation for all accounts held with the bank, and one months bank statements. 

In our separate letter of explanation we listed every document that we submitted with our application (and included an explanation for each if neccessary). In the proof of funds section, we stated that we included the bank account confirmation letter and statement for the sake of completeness, as it is merely a day to day transactional bank account and not relevant for proof of funds. 

Education - We included the degree certificate and transcripts for each credential and uploaded it in one PDF pack. We didn’t include the WES report (CIC verify it using your ECA reference number). 

Medical - we booked at Travel Doctor in Rosebank and got an appointment in under a week. 

Photos - we also had our photos done at Foto First in Rosebank and they were accepted as correct.

JaQ

@graciax452 Thank you for the feedback!

@GuyRussy Thanks for the tip about IELTS certificate. I will include it as part of the education section.

@Amy G Thank you, I will also draft my letter of explanation to address each item that I upload. I can only hope that my application goes as quickly as yours. Congrats and good luck on the new adventure!

JaQ

@Amy G I am finalising my proof of funds document this week. What website/source did you use for your currency conversion calculations? I just want to make sure that the rate is use in my document is from a source that they don't have a problem with

Amy G

@JaQ I used www.x-rates.com :) 

• Thanks 1

GuyRussy

@JaQAll the best, keep us updated!

JaQ

@GuyRussy I sure will! I am doing medical on Monday (25 Feb) and will do my PR submission that evening or the day after 😃

GrantM

I also used x-rates but since being here most of the people I interact with use https://www.xe.com/

Both will be acceptable and chances are that they will check online anyways to make sure.

CallMeIshmael

Hi guys just a quick one. For the currency conversion do I just take a screenshot of the webpage and include that image in my POD PDF pack? 

Reibtseb
3 hours ago, CallMeIshmael said:

Hi guys just a quick one. For the currency conversion do I just take a screenshot of the webpage and include that image in my POD PDF pack? 

I just mentioned it with a ~ in front, as it will change by the time they get the application. No screenshots or anything, they can do that themselves.

CallMeIshmael

Thanks @Reibtseb