Sign in to follow this  
4DEE

B.Tech Engineering and EIT Registration

4DEE

Good day folks.

I am inquiring on behalf of a friend here.My friend has a B.Tech Civil Engineering plus 7 years  design experience.He wants to know if anyone from South Africa managed to register as E.IT with any of the engineering boards in Canada.I understand various boards have diffrent regulations.But is there anyone who got EIT with B.Tech but not BSC/BEng?

Someone here on another thread mentioned the Canadian Bachelor of Technology is two years (while the SA one is four years min) ,so can this make a SA BTech holder register for EIT ?

Your help is appreciated

TJG

Hi @4DEE 

I registered as a EIT with the Professional Engineers Ontario at the beginning of 2018. I just completed my 1 year of Canadian engineering experience, which was the final requirement for me to complete my P.Eng registration, so I am very familiar with the process.    

Technically speaking, BTech holders are Technicians, and may fall under a different class of registration completely, such as certified technician.  

Nevertheless, here is a pamphlet from the PEO that outlines their process: http://www.peo.on.ca/index.php/ci_id/22546/la_id/1.htm , other regulators have similar requirements but do differ is some areas. 

• Like 1

4DEE
22 hours ago, TJG said:

Hi @4DEE 

I registered as a EIT with the Professional Engineers Ontario at the beginning of 2018. I just completed my 1 year of Canadian engineering experience, which was the final requirement for me to complete my P.Eng registration, so I am very familiar with the process.    

Technically speaking, BTech holders are Technicians, and may fall under a different class of registration completely, such as certified technician.  

Nevertheless, here is a pamphlet from the PEO that outlines their process: http://www.peo.on.ca/index.php/ci_id/22546/la_id/1.htm , other regulators have similar requirements but do differ is some areas. 

Thanks a lot and congrats on your P.Eng.

4DEE
On 3/5/2019 at 9:29 PM, 4DEE said:

Thanks a lot and congrats on your P.Eng.

So what about someone with  National Diploma ,also a technician ?