Sign in to follow this  
CharleneK

Tuks transcripts via MIE timeline

CharleneK

I submitted a request for my University of Pretoria academic transcripts (to be sent to WES) to Management Integrity Solutions (MIE) on 10 December 2018. It took 6 emails, a few faxes and a couple of rants before they confirmed receipt of my request and the funds. On average, how long after MIE confirms payment do the transcripts arrive at WES?

I am trying to enrol in a Masters Degree through distance learning in New Orleans from Canada, and I never thought I'd be dealing with MIE or WES 22 years after immigrating....

LidiaS77

Hi @CharleneK,

We used MIE in 2016. They sent an invoice to me on 11 May 2016 and I think I paid shortly after that. They sent a final copy of the documentation to me for approval on 30 May 2016, so I assumed they couriered it around then. I received my final WES report on 15 June 2016, so about 2 weeks after the documents were sent. This was almost 2 years ago though so I don't know if it is still helpful. I've heard about recent delays at WES but hopefully they've cleared that up.

• Like 1

JaQ

Hi @CharleneK, I used MIE a couple months ago for my UP transcripts. They didn't take long and they know exactly what the WES requirements are. I also found them to be good in terms of communication, overall they made the process simple and efficient.

The only issue I had was that I found it to be expensive whereas with other universities it's a fraction of the cost to get your transcripts and a copy of your certificate

• Like 1

CDR

Hi All

We want to get an ECA from IQAS and would like to confirm a few things as it is not quite clear for us:

1. Do you first register and pay online and upload ID, Proof of name change and Degree certificate with IQAS as first step and obtain a reference number?

2. Should we then request academic Transcripts AND academic records from MIE to be send directly to IQAS indicating the IQAS reference number?

3. Is there anything else that must be send from the university directly to IQAS like an official letter and what should it state?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

JaQ

@CDR I used WES for my evaluation but I expect that the process should be just about the same.

As you listed above: Follow the IQAS registration steps, get your reference number and contact MIE. They are efficient and know what is required. They also provide you with digital copies of your academic records that you can upload to IQAS.

As far as I know you don't need anything from the university itself as MIE should provide everything you need.