Sign in to follow this  
Annique

USB (University of Stellenbosch Business school)

Annique

Hi there,

I've enrolled at USB for 2019 to do my Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Leadership Development in order to get more points for our EE profile. The course is highly recommended in SA, but is very pricey. 

On the USB website is states that USB is internationally accredited and therefore I would assume that the WES will assess my qualification on completion of my studies. 

My concern is regarding a post that I saw today stating that WES does not consider such courses as post graduate. Another individual wishing to immigrate posted that his similar qualification from GIBS were declined by WES, eventhough GIBS is an accredited institute / business school, affiliated with University of Pretoria.

Has anyone perhaps completed studies at USB and received WES accreditation?

I'm desperate to find an answer as I can't continue with the studies if it won't help with our EE points. The USB course is extremely expensive and I need to know whether it will be worth the money and effort.

JaQ

@Annique I am replying to both threads just in case. Your PGDip from USB will be accepted by WES so dont worry about it! They will evaluate it as a formal academic qualification so you made the right decision to do it in 2019 to increase your points.

The issue I experienced with WES was because whoever initially evaluated my qualifications, accepted my degree from University of Pretoria but incorrectly identified my GIBS as a professional development qualification.

I appealed the evaluation with them and they reviewed it. They have since sent me an updated ECA and accredited my GIBS as a Undergraduate Certificate (one year). The qualification is still under evaluated but dealing with WES is incredibly frustrating and difficult. After some consideration I decided to let it be and not re-appeal as it takes weeks to get feedback and then a few more weeks for them to start the re-evaluation process. 

I get the express entry points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" so I elected to submit my express entry profile yesterday (14 January 2019). Now that I am in the pool I await the next draw.

• Thanks 1

Annique

Thank you @JaQ - much appreciated. 

Glad you at least got your points for GIBS, even though it was accredited as an undergraduate. :) All the best!