Odijonk

11 Dec 2018 Landing Story

Odijonk

We have been in Canada for just over a month and we have done and accomplished so much. Challenged, Change and Constant moving has been my name of the game but in the end Super excited and happy to be here. 

On the 10 December 2018 we still repacked our bags for te 3 time to get everything in. We showered and headed for the airport to meet everyone at dear old Spur. Checked in our 10 bags ran to get some forex and finally had my last nacho's and Savannah light. Enjoyed everyone friendly chatter and laughter and greeted one of my wonderfull friends earlier. 

We walked like it felt the last mile.. shed tears gave hugs and said goodbyes.. it broke my heart when my husband brother grabed him in a big embrace and prayed for us. It was 10:15 at night as KLM flights leave at 23:55 at night. When we got onboard the airplane We were beyond the point of being tired and as i grabbed my husband hand we greeted our beautiful SA with peace in our hearts. The kids and us slept the first 10 hours until we landed in Amsterdam. A pritty airport, rediculious small baggage trollies but yet again on the move to our reconnecting flight. We got onboard ate and yet again we fell asleep. Son was out before we lift off.. Shame these small bodies were exhausted... mine as well... my daughter played games for the next 10 hours and didnt want to sleep and the last 4 hours my son played and relaxed. They were extremely well behaved got good compliments from fellow passengers and let me tell you. DO NOT pack too many toys during this flight... at Calgary airport I could feel the weight lift off my shoulders ... finally we are HERE... beautiful Canada. we waited for our luggage and all our suite cases came around except 1. we waited for another 20 min and just before i decided to let the airline know 1 suite case is lostit came around... sjoe... with 3 huge trollies we went to boarder control. after about 20 min we were set to move through... beyond tired and hungry we got to the hotel, had that wonderful first shower and cup of Jacobs.. yes folks i am a coffee pot and took my own sachets just for the last spoil.

We have experienced so many first in this month thats has passed and each stressed moment, cent and tear was so worth.

The road is tuff expensive unkind and looooooong. But it prepares your for whats ahead, we are super busy and love every moment. 

Good luck to all of you still going down this rabbit whole, this platform and some wonderful friends i have made that is also now here in Canada give great support and advise.

TOP TIP, it is your responsibility to make opportunities given to you work. Dont think for one moment we have not gone through hardships and everything was given on a silver platter.. 

• Like 6

Lanieb

Again WELCOME !!  Yes it was quite a battle for you guys !    And the weather is really welcoming you !   Enjoy every moment because  the first few months you are just taking everything in.   We will have to get together soon !  

Odijonk

@Lanieb.... tnx so much we will.. 

Jules

I love reading these landing stories. Each one is unique and personal yet so familiar. It’s a bittersweet chapter of life but long term it’s worth it.