QB87

Common Law Partner Job Offer

QB87

Hi,

This is my first postĀ šŸ˜Š, I've been staling the forum for quite some time now.

If myself and my partner apply for Permanent Residency on the same applicationĀ (I will be the main applicant)Ā and my partner gets a job offer ,LMIA approved, will we get the extra 200 points or does she have to be the main applicant for us to get the extra points?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Nelline

I believe she'd have to be the main applicant. Nothing to stop you from having two EE profiles, though, one for each of you with the other as dependant...

QB87

Thanks for the reply Nelline :)Ā 

I wasn't aware that weĀ are allowed to have anĀ EE profileĀ for my partner as well? Are you sure about this? I don't want them to reject anĀ ITA because they see two applications in the queue waiting for an ITA.

Nelline
7 hours ago, QB87 said:

Thanks for the reply Nelline :)Ā 

I wasn't aware that weĀ are allowed to have anĀ EE profileĀ for my partner as well? Are you sure about this? I don't want them to reject anĀ ITA because they see two applications in the queue waiting for an ITA.

Perfectly acceptable, many have done it, probably for the exact same reason, because it is usual that only the higher points application remains (makes sense)

Annique

Hi there,

I had the exact same question. I am the main applicant, but if my husband get a LMIA approved job offer, can it not count in our favour on my application? If he is the main applicant, our points are much less.

Just checking, does a job offer account for 50 or 200 points? This would make a massive difference to our application should one of us be able to secure a job.

We will create 2 EE profiles in that case, can't cause any harm! Thanks Nelline.

Thanks in advance.

Annique