Sign in to follow this  
ReneLestan

December 2018 Applications

ReneLestan

Hi there,

Wondering if there are any December 2018 applicants out there?  We submitted my fiancé's application 10 December, almost no progress on the tracking bar :-(  Wondering if there are any other people in the December 2018 group, and how other people's time tracking bar is looking?

Thanks

Rene

Amy G

We submitted on 28 November.

Received a request on 7 Jan for the IMM5475 form (authority to release personal information to a designated individual) and also looks like we went into IP1 on 7 Jan. Medicals not passed yet.

This is going to be hard 🙈

logan

Congrats on getting this far. Oct OAR here.

Based on what I'm seeing on https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/south-african-e-apr-tracker (self reporting, so there is no telling how accurate it really is), there has been very little movement. 

I saw this from @OutOfSa, but I don't know if he was just being facetious 🙂 (by his own admission in another post he likes to stir things up... :D)

Taking an overview of the number of 'progress' discussions on the forum it does seem as though there is a huge delay. The sage advice I've received in my pondering (from others on this site) is to hang-on, and be patient... (doesn't always work, in which case screaming a few obscenities does the trick).

Edited by logan

OutOfSa
4 hours ago, logan said:

Congrats on getting this far. Oct OAR here.

Based on what I'm seeing on https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/south-african-e-apr-tracker (self reporting, so there is no telling how accurate it really is), there has been very little movement. 

I saw this from @OutOfSa, but I don't know if he was just being facetious 🙂 (by his own admission in another post he likes to stir things up... :D)

Taking an overview of the number of 'progress' discussions on the forum it does seem as though there is a huge delay. The sage advice I've received in my pondering (from others on this site) is to hang-on, and be patient... (doesn't always work, in which case screaming a few obscenities does the trick).

Yes :) you are right for sure ! 

My comments were not foundered on any concrete evidence.  My PR took 3 years, (before the system was changed)  much of which was awful silence.  I feel bad for the folk who are waiting while other folk are marching in droves across the illegal border.  Sometimes it's nice to have something / one blame for your frustrations.   50 000 is a LOT of new jobless people. 

The general feeling where I work is strongly negative towards the illegal immigrants, I feel this is bad for all immigrants, as it can create a negative sentiment to "newcomers."  (My experience - my opinion.)

"screaming a few obscenities does the trick" - I think this might be me :D   I kinda half expect the Peter Pan Police to come get me one night :o (Men in Red?!)

I'm not sure why I do it, I just do - Think of the fable of the frog and the scorpion - "And the frog asked, "why did you sting me, now we will both drown", and the scorpion replied, "because it is in my nature to do so."

• Haha 2

ReneLestan

@Amy G and @logan holding thumbs for all of us.  On myimmitracker it looks like no applications from December have had medicals passed yet, but ones from November seem to be getting there, hopefully yours will be one of them soon.  Let us know if you see some progress on your application.

Amy G

@ReneLestan We passed our medicals yesterday, yay :) 

Now the real wait begins... hope everyone gets some good news soon, especially those who have been waiting for what seems like forever. 

• Like 2

iTee23

Submitted on 5th of December.

Medicals passed yesterday (15th of Jan). 😃

We now need to give biometrics.

• Like 1