Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Junior Accountant (Oakville ON)

MaryJane

Love learning? Great with numbers? Got spark? This might be you.

https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=5c5891e5728a4f33&q=Spark+Power+Corp&tk=1d0ijgsfj1fhh000&from=web&vjs=3 

ABOUT THE ROLE:

As part of an innovative and growing company, the Junior Accountant will be an integral part of the finance team! This role will be reporting to the Senior Corporate Accountant, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for completing day-to-day transactional tasks within the accounting department at Spark Power Corp.

Responsibilities:

Full cycle accounting duties
Posting and processing journal entries
Posting and processing bills & invoices
Complete bank reconciliations
Schedule fixed assets
Data entry into accounting system
Verify cash flow availability
Create reports
HST and QST filing
Perform other related duties as assigned

QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
1+ years of general accounting experience
Proficiency in English and in-depth knowledge of MS Office
Reliability, discretion and confidentiality
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
Comfortable completing transactional and repetitive work

PhilipCX

Hi @MaryJane

I'm currently a FM (and GM) at a company but I'm assuming from everything that I've read that you start pretty much at the bottom when you move over to Canada. So is this pretty much the entry level one would be looking at and then secondly, just ballpark, how much would a job like this pay?

Thanks for your time 

Jules
3 hours ago, PhilipCX said:

Hi @MaryJane

I'm currently a FM (and GM) at a company but I'm assuming from everything that I've read that you start pretty much at the bottom when you move over to Canada. So is this pretty much the entry level one would be looking at and then secondly, just ballpark, how much would a job like this pay?

Thanks for your time 

While it’s fair to say that many professionals take a backward step or two when the immigrate into Canada, it’s also not always that way. An equal number of people find comparable roles within a few months. I actually got a better role after I landed here!

So by all means, keep your options open and willingness to compromise, but don’t lower the bar too much either - unless the job search doesn’t go well. 

• Like 1

PhilipCX
2 minutes ago, Jules said:

While it’s fair to say that many professionals take a backward step or two when the immigrate into Canada, it’s also not always that way. An equal number of people find comparable roles within a few months. I actually got a better role after I landed here!

So by all means, keep your options open and willingness to compromise, but don’t lower the bar too much either - unless the job search doesn’t go well. 

Thanks Jules, it's great to hear that there are people who ended up with better jobs. 

MaryJane
On 1/7/2019 at 3:14 AM, PhilipCX said:

Hi @MaryJane

Thanks for your time 

For someone of your experience, this would be entry level.

This position would probably be in the region of $40-$50k a year.

• Like 1