pandaCat

EE reference letters, who should they be made out to?

pandaCat
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, wheels are turning and I am compiling the relevant reference letters for work experience, financial means etc for my application for permanent residence with EE.

On my bank reference letter the bank e.g. just made it out to:  "To whom it may concern".

I am just worried that maybe they should be made out to IRCC. I looked at the info on the next to the upload button for the relevant documents and but nowhere is this stated.

It also feels a bit easier asking my employers for a general "To whom it may concern" letter... 😳

Can anyone give some guidance? Is it a problem if all reference letters (e.g. from employer, bank) is made out: "To whom it may concern"

Thank you!

Edited by pandaCat

Reibtseb
Posted (edited)

This is what I got from one of the places I worked at, and it was accepted no problem:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.41bc76abb424867c338e84572c7712b1.jpg

And this was one by FNB:

image.png.073741382c1fd6154023c5908144666f.png

Edited by Reibtseb
  • Thanks 1

pandaCat

Thank you very much @Reibtseb, that is very helpful 👌

LidiaS77

@pandaCat My employment letters also said "To whom it may concern" and was accepted for our EE application without any issues. If you haven't already, you can maybe consider writing the employment reference letter(s) yourself and just getting the relevant person at the company to read and sign it. In this way you can make sure that you provide all the information required e.g. detailed description of your duties so that it correlates with your NOC code.

• Thanks 1

pandaCat

Thank you @LidiaS77 that is good advice. 

• Like 1