Kim S

WES Requirements and Time-frames

Kim S

Good day 

I'm hoping to get some info and any tips experienced when submitting qualifications to WES. Both my husband and I submitted all our certifications and transcripts to WES. First they acknowledged receipt of all my documents, but for my husband they said that we did not submit 2 of his certifications even though we checked, double and even triple checked that everything was included in the envelope. 

I have a Diploma as well as a Bachelors Degree, however now they are asking me for the prerequisites for my diploma, which is essentially my matric Certificate. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue with them, as the department of Education only gives you a single certificate with your symbols and on it. Do I now have to submit my matric certificate?

Also WES seems very delayed, their website says that the report will be completed 20 days from the date they receive all your documentation, but it has now been almost 3 months, and they just keep requesting new docs, and saying they didn't receive docs that we know we sent. 

When you send queries via their website, they provide generic responses 5-6 days later and its not even related to the query that you have made. 

For those who have been through the WES process what was the turn around time for getting your final report, and is there a better verification agency to use? 

NW18

Hi @Kim S. We used WES. I have a masters so we sent the masters and bachelors transcripts and degree copies as required. I wasn’t asked for my Matric certificate so I didn’t send it along. When you got the list of documents to send, was it specified that you will need a matrix certificate sent?

also do they want the certificate copy alone or would you neee to have get it reissued in a sealed envelope from the Dept of Higher Education? 

It is sounding a little absurd to me that thy would ask you for that, in your case. 

LidiaS77

@Kim S I have friends that have been waiting 4 months for their WES results so there is definitely a delay. They were told that the reason is the recent postal strike in Canada. When we submitted our own certificates to WES in 2016 we received the results within less than a month and they were also very helpful and responsive when I had a query via email but it seems like things have changed. We also didn’t need to submit our matric certificates or any other documentation not mentioned in the initial instructions (for Bachelors and Honours degrees).

I know that if you want to send your matric certificate to be assessed this is done through Umalusi. 

Perhaps you could do some research on recent experiences with WES on the Canada Visa forums and see if others are having better luck using a different organization to assess their qualifications. 

Just to confirm, did the institution where you studied send your academic records to WES directly or did you include this yourself in a sealed and stamped envelope?

Kim S
20 hours ago, NW18 said:

Hi @Kim S. We used WES. I have a masters so we sent the masters and bachelors transcripts and degree copies as required. I wasn’t asked for my Matric certificate so I didn’t send it along. When you got the list of documents to send, was it specified that you will need a matrix certificate sent?

also do they want the certificate copy alone or would you neee to have get it reissued in a sealed envelope from the Dept of Higher Education? 

It is sounding a little absurd to me that thy would ask you for that, in your case. 

Hi MW18

Thank you for your feedback. You are right, it is absurd, it seems as though, they are not only evaluating my certifications, but also checking whether I was eligible to register for my diploma in the 1st place. 

If I have have a diploma and bachelors then there should be no need for me to submit my matric/senior certificate as well. 

Just needed to check if anyone experienced the same problems with WES as I am. 

Thanks 

Kim S
13 hours ago, LidiaS77 said:

@Kim S I have friends that have been waiting 4 months for their WES results so there is definitely a delay. They were told that the reason is the recent postal strike in Canada. When we submitted our own certificates to WES in 2016 we received the results within less than a month and they were also very helpful and responsive when I had a query via email but it seems like things have changed. We also didn’t need to submit our matric certificates or any other documentation not mentioned in the initial instructions (for Bachelors and Honours degrees).

I know that if you want to send your matric certificate to be assessed this is done through Umalusi. 

Perhaps you could do some research on recent experiences with WES on the Canada Visa forums and see if others are having better luck using a different organization to assess their qualifications. 

Just to confirm, did the institution where you studied send your academic records to WES directly or did you include this yourself in a sealed and stamped envelope?

Thank you for your feedback. I have since looked up reviews on WES and there are numerous people complaining about their service and the same issues that I am having. I just wish I looked up the reviews before I decided to go with them. However on looking up reviews on similar organisations, there does not seem to be any that stand out as a good choice. In fact some people have actually said that WES is one of the quickest. 

We posted the academic records but I was there when they were being sealed and signed by the institution so that we could make sure that all the required docs were included. 

Thanks for the advise, will do a little more research on the Canada forums.