4DEE

How saturated is the engineering job market in Canada

4DEE

I'm just curious.Are there lots of job opportunities within the engineering field or the market is saturated with too many professionals (both local and foreign).

Reibtseb

Depends on your field. The company (automation systems) I work for has been hiring non-stop since I started in Feb this year. We have a lot of work lined up. The other day I was asked whether I know anyone in control systems in SA, and they interviewed my recommendation two days later.

Edited by Reibtseb
  • Like 1

Eloff's

Hi Reibtseb

Any idea if they are looking for Instrument journeyman/Mechanics.

Regards

Reibtseb
59 minutes ago, Eloff's said:

Hi Reibtseb

Any idea if they are looking for Instrument journeyman/Mechanics.

Regards

Hi,

No, sorry. Mainly electrical/mechatronic engineers/technologists, or anyone with experience in automation (control side).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4DEE

@Reibtseb That's good to hear.Gives a glimmer of hope.I am an electrical engineer here but my only thing was whether an employer will have the patience to wait while the potential candidate is going through the immigration /visa/residency application process.

Jules
On 12/19/2018 at 3:15 PM, Reibtseb said:

Depends on your field. The company (automation systems) I work for has been hiring non-stop since I started in Feb this year. We have a lot of work lined up. The other day I was asked whether I know anyone in control systems in SA, and they interviewed my recommendation two days later.

The first sentence is key. Engineering is a very broad term and varies greatly from one discipline to another. 

Good to hear you guys are hiring.