OutOfSa

New Distracted Driving Rules (Cell Phone)

OutOfSa

FINALLY !!!!

(Speaking like a real old guy.)

It seems Ontario Police & Law makers (In this case the Liberals whom I despise actually did something smart, I know, it was not rampant spending for a change, but they probably created an expensive committee to create a committee to hire people, to get a committee, to work on a paper to submit to a committee, to work it out.).

The penalties for Distracted driving (Cell phones) beginning in January 2019 will be as follows:

(These are maximums I think, so they may be more lenient if they want to, however, distracted driving covers many things - I doubt considering the continued warnings and cell-carnage that happens daily that the police will be kind or understanding.  )

1st Offence : 3 DAY  licence suspension, $1000 & 3 Demerit point - That's close to drunken driving.

(i.e. Might add $50 - $100 per month to insurance depending on the company.  Some do some don't.  But it's very hard to move and get a good deal if your hand is weak!  So even if you find a company that does not generally penalise and try to move, they will rub their hands in glee and lump on a whole lot of $$$ for bad driving. )

2nd Offence : 6 Day suspension, 6 Points $2000 (so now you have 9 OUCH !  Insurance will gouge you big time.  Might have to sell the car as $1500 insurance  / month's not affordable....)

3rd Offence : 30 day suspension,  $3000 , points? - You're pretty much done by this time.  (Yeah, get a bicycle. You can't afford insurance anymore. Drive without insurance - BAD IDEA .  You're spiraling into hell here.)

Drive during a suspension ?  Hmmm, not good.  

I see it every day, as do our drivers - cellphones by the hundred in laps, in hands and on ears - on the 401 @ 100Km/h with 8 lanes  whipping back and forth, the busiest highway in N America. 

I think it's an addiction, not just a habit - it's going to be really hard for people to break .  And all you have to do is pick that phone up once and be seen by a cop and you're in a whole lot of trouble - about time !  

• Like 1

Dedré

Nice. Finally something they have done right for a change!😁

• Like 1

OutOfSa

And here I go, run away rant train, read at your peril:

I sense another liberal - lover.?!  :D (I meant this a genuine compliment !!!) 

Should we be taking our shirts off and taking selfies.... or prancing around in traditional Indian attire making a complete fool of an entire Nation, or perhaps lunching with a terrorist?  Or no, even better, lets give $10.5 Million to convicted terrorists that kill Americans - and we wonder why the USA is not happy with us?  No, I know !!!!!   Lets tweet that all persecuted (or those that feel they are)  are welcome to come to Canada - so 50 000 people can cross illegally into Quebec.  [It's a new thing - PM's tweet before engaging brain.]  
Or after a whole motor plant  local of people lose their jobs and face a bleak Christmas, let's tweet $ 50 Million to Trevor Noah's Nelson Mandela Thing.... I heard Charity begins at home, I know outrageous helping your own people, it won't get you celeb status.  

Hmm, perhaps lets ensure Canadian industry can't compete with the USA by carbon taxing them, or lets call CO2 pollution - after all, it's such a terrible pollutant that it's only the basis of all life on the planet..... I know, we can't predict weather a week in advance, but we know exactly what's going to happen in 50 years.   You know computer models....  Used to be, when I was a "scientist" that you developed a theory and then tested  it against  the data, if it failed, it was YOUR theory that  sucked and was a failure - Now, you develop a model, when the data fails to fit it, the environment is wrong and not your model.  Interesting development.    Back to the $ 50 Million : Why not help your own people first???.....
 After all, you are putting illegal border crossing (50 0000) into hotels here with an allowance  of $4000/M and a work permit.  What's that I hear?? - You have 1000's of highly skilled people waiting for their legal correctly filed Visas.....  What's that?  You won't change the border status to allow the cops to turn these endangered USA people back?  Really?  And yet everyone still loves you, worships you, hangs on your every erum, erum, "no we prefer "PEOPLE KIND" - not "Man Kind" -  .  Perhaps not everyone loves you as much as you might think.
The sad part is the people in general don't seem to care much for Selfie Sam Peter Pan, but they'll vote him back in again so the budget can balance its self.  (Because as everyone knows, budgets do that all the time - who needs and experienced accountant.)  Hmm, perhaps trust-funds balance their budgets, during selfie dances.  
And of course, lets buy a $ 4.5 billion pipe line that cannot be built because of the Rules you put in place.  You know veto rights.  Mind you well carbon tax the country and at the same time campaign to have a new oil pipe built.

"Canada's boreal forest region covers almost 60% of the country's land area, essentially spanning from the Atlantic to the Pacific"
Did anyone ever consider that Canada is likely "Carbon Negative" - the boreal forests, huge lakes and wide open spaces use so much CO2 that we as a country should be paying carbon deficit tax to the world for taking up more than our fair share of Carbon.  (You know the price on pollution (CO2) which grows the corn that feeds the people.)  Modern farming is producing more planter per SQ foot than ever before - let's lose the CO2.  

Mans brilliant at interfering with the planet : (Good intentions an all:)
Australia:  Myxomatosis, grass lengths increased, limiting the environments in which P. argus could live, thereby contributing to the decline of the butterfly population;  In October 2018, it was reported that a mutated form of the virus may have jumped to hares.
Or
In 1930s Queensland, Australia, cane beetles were destroying sugar cane fields with their voracious appetites. Instead of opting for vicious, primitive pesticides, farmers heard of a toad that had a taste for the destructive insects.  So in 1935, 102 toads travelled in two suitcases from Puerto Rico to Australia. Instead of doing their job in the cane field, they wandered off and now their number stands at more than 1.5 billion, covering more than 386,000 square miles of Oz. Instead of beating the pests, they became one.

Or harlequin ladybird, Cannibal snail, Paper mulberry tree  and the list goes on.

But perhaps a great one was DDT:
The greens were ecstatic at the eradication (and yes, it was a problem.)  But…..
Robert Gwadz of the US National Institutes of Health said in 2007, "The ban on DDT may have killed 20 million children." (Controversial Figure).

My rants are just frustration at a world that runs with limited data and makes sweeping claims - the storms are worse?  Really, no, they are similar - to previous cycles - there are more people living in more inappropriate places, hottest days?  No, check again.  

Did you know the entire temperature data for the planet comes from  essentially one source?  So everything we see and hear on the sensational news is based on one organisations data? That's scientific.  

The suns recent increased activity has nothing to do with the "Hottest ever" - really, all energy comes from the sun and if it's blasting out great-balls-o-fire, it sure as hell is going to toast us. 

Good news, the sun is entering a cooling phase.  Did you know the real greenhouse gas is water vapour?  Yip, not CO2.  But there is no money in water vapour.  Interestingly, the more water vapour in the air, the more likely clouds are to nucleate and the more suns energy gets reflected. 

Global warming is "settled science," we hear all the time. 

Really Newtons laws of physics were a settled science - for close to a century then came Einstein and the modern age of quantum mechanics and Newtons Laws bowed and bent and broke.  Science it seems is never settled even after the fat lady has sung.

"We haven't seen that rapid acceleration in warming after 2000 that we see in the models," said Myles Allen, professor of geosystem science at Oxford and one of the authors of the study. "We haven't seen that in the observations." (oh, oh - this guy is going to be hung!)

And, of course, he's quite right. As we've noted here numerous times, the much-feared "global warming" trend seems to have halted somewhere around 1998. We know this is true because satellite temperature readings — the most accurate temperature gauge since it takes in the entire atmosphere, not just parts of it — show there's been virtually no change.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath - especially me (perhaps I need medication!!!)  and concentrate on compelled speech, and I as a GLOBULL denier will retire to my corner of shame !  And die in a rabid-hurricane-tornado-ice blast-heat stroke.

Y2K any one?

Edited by OutOfSa
Opps posted before I could complete my rant LOL
  • Thanks 2

GrantM
13 minutes ago, OutOfSa said:

I sense another liberal - lover.?!  
Should we be taking our shirts off and taking selfies.... or prancing around in traditional Indian attire making a complete fool of an entire Nation, or perhaps lunching with a terrorist?  Or no, even better, lets give $10.5 Million to convicted terrorists that kill Americans - and we wonder why the USA is not happy with us?  No, I know !!!!!   Lets tweet that all persecuted (or those that feel they are)  are welcome to come to Canada - so 50 000 people can cross illegally into Quebec.  [It's a new thing - PM's tweet before engaging brain.]  
Or after a whole motor plant  local of people lose their jobs and face a bleak Christmas, let's tweet $ 50 Million to Trevor Noah's Nelson Mandela Thing.... I heard Charity begins at home, I know outrageous helping your own people, it won't get you celeb status.  
Hmm, perhaps lets ensure Canadian industry can't compete with the USA by carbon taxing them, or lets call CO2 pollution - after all, it's such a terrible pollutant that it's only the basis of all life on the planet..... I know, we can't predict weather a week in advance, but we know exactly what's going to happen in 50 years.   You know computer models....  Used to be, when I was a "scientist" that you developed a theory and then tested  it against  the data, if it failed, it was YOUR theory that  sucked and was a failure - Now, you develop a model, when the data fails to fit it, the environment is wrong and not your model.  Interesting development.    Back to the $ 50 Million : Why not help your own people first???.....
 After all, you are putting illegal border crossing (50 0000) into hotels here with an allowance  of $4000/M and a work permit.  What's that I hear?? - You have 1000's of highly skilled people waiting for their legal correctly filed Visas.....  What's that?  You won't change the border status to allow the cops to turn these endangered USA people back?  Really?  And yet everyone still loves you, worships you, hangs on your every erum, erum, "no we prefer "PEOPLE KIND" - not "Man Kind" -  .  Perhaps not everyone loves you as much as you might think.
The sad part is the people in general don't seem to care much for Selfie Sam Peter Pan, but they'll vote him back in again so the budget can balance its self.  (Because as everyone knows, budgets do that all the time - who needs and experienced accountant.)  Hmm, perhaps trust-funds balance their budgets, during selfie dances.  
And of course, lets buy a $ 4.5 billion pipe line that cannot be built because of the Rules you put in place.  You know veto rights.  Mind you well carbon tax the country and at the same time campaign to have a new oil pipe built.

"Canada's boreal forest region covers almost 60% of the country's land area, essentially spanning from the Atlantic to the Pacific"
Did anyone ever consider that Canada is likely "Carbon Negative" - the boreal forests, huge lakes and wide open spaces use so much CO2 that we as a country should be paying carbon deficit tax to the world for taking up more than our fair share of Carbon.  (You know the price on pollution (CO2) which grows the corn that feeds the people.)  Modern farming is producing more planter per SQ foot than ever before - let's lose the CO2.  Mans brilliant at interfering with the planet :
Australia:  Myxomatosis, grass lengths increased, limiting the environments in which P. argus could live, thereby contributing to the decline of the butterfly population;  In October 2018, it was reported that a mutated form of the virus may have jumped to hares.
Or
In 1930s Queensland, Australia, cane beetles were destroying sugar cane fields with their voracious appetites. Instead of opting for vicious, primitive pesticides, farmers heard of a toad that had a taste for the destructive insects.  So in 1935, 102 toads travelled in two suitcases from Puerto Rico to Australia. Instead of doing their job in the cane field, they wandered off and now their number stands at more than 1.5 billion, covering more than 386,000 square miles of Oz. Instead of beating the pests, they became one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5112090

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

OutOfSa

:D:D:D:D  Yip, they call me a run-away-train !  Wonder Why????

Apologies to all the people I have REALLY offended. I'm going to go now and hide.

I have been getting bored with SA Canada only being about immigration - so I'm stirring the pot, just a wee bit. 

I know I risk a GLOBULL war, but it'll be something new and exciting. 

Sorry to all the people having a hard time getting here - this forum is really about you  (honestly) and not me, I had my time.

I'm sure many of you might be completely apposed to my radical views - feel free to express them!

Edited by OutOfSa
Add some thoughts

OutOfSa

Now about Y2K.....

It was about 18 years back that I was manufacturing thingies.... one such thingie was a simple dumb (ie: no intelligence) keypad for access to buildings.

I was approached by one of the installation companies in a panic as I needed to prove that the keypad was not a killer time based robot that was going to destroy the building (& take over the world) at the stroke of 12am 2001.

I did some paperwork and all was well.  

Well, the joke was on me.... as predicted, when I woke up on Y2K+1 day, I was immediately attacked by my iRoomba floor cleaning robot, which incidentally had not been invented in Y2K, but had traveled back in time to get me.  After killing it by pulling all the wires out and cutting the green one, I staggered bleeding to the kitchen.,  

There, my fridge, tumble drier and washing machine were having a drunken party.  As I entered, they immediately attacked and tried to kill me.  I escaped within an inch of my life.  Running to the garage I jumped into my car which immediately locked me in and reversed out the driveway nearly hitting stuff (which is why to this day Canadians reverse into their drives.)

Speeding down the road in my Y2K possessed car, I screamed help - it laughed at me in an evil voice saying DIE HUMAN SCUM DIE, as did all the other people being herded by the Y2K monster.  All the robots (traffic signals) were out flashing all different colours in random sequences because their clocks had clock a zero at midnight and now their logic was all loony.

Finally, my car sped into a field, the door opened and I was spat out by ejection, asideways ejection seat, which is fortunate as I didn't have a sunroof.  I was ejected it seems onto millions of other writhing corpses, which at first I thought was a Y2K orgy,  but actually it was the beginning of the walking dead, I say, I say.

I'm not sure as my memory is dim, just how I escaped Y2K to this day, but I did and the human race in another place - despite the dire, and accurate warnings by the "Scientists" and the sensational press, no-less. Some less lucky ones had sold up or fled, or drawn all their money out of the bank, because all the worlds banking systems were going to fail.  As was the water, and power and sanitation - mind you Y2-18 seems to have come true in SA now.  

Of course, we now have to survive 2038, that's the new Y2K - you know orange is the new black.  And darn-gone-it, I was asleep when the world ended in 2012, you know the dire Mayan Calendar - luckily it seems that the people in the know made a 'miscalculation" and the Mayan end has moved?   Or could it be, that the Mayan calendar keeper just got tired after 2012 was added, or perhaps he died of a dreaded disease, or was pillaged by savages?  Or perhaps he had a sense of humour and thought, Ha, Ha - lets confuse the future fools....

And then I began to remember back to the OZONE layer, OMG, now was that a story and a half!......

• Haha 2

Nettie
Posted (edited)

@OutOfSa Sorry to tell you, you're in the wrong dimension. It all started at the stroke of midnight approximately 18 years ago LOL.

No, you're really funny. I can read more of your runaway trains. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Nettie