Sign in to follow this  
Ulrichm

New member looking for guidance

Ulrichm

Hello everyone 

Thank you for approving my application to Join the forum...

I am excited to start this journey to apply and get our family to  Canada.

I have prayed about it and it feels right...im almost scared at any prospect of it not Working out.

We are a family of 4 (2 children) to be 5 next year...living in Pretoria South Africa, im originally from Rwanda.

I don't have extensive post matric qualification ...i have a risk management certificate with 12 years banking experience.  My husband has an electrical engineering diploma with 8 years experience in the industry.

My husband's cousin lives in Canada and we are hoping to usehis endorsement in the application for more points.

All we are  waiting for is funds to do the English test...and hubby to be registered in the proffessional body 

We just want to make sure that we have enough merit for our application to succeed. 

If all goes well we should have our stuff ready to submit come April 2019

Please offer any advice and direction...at the moment we are going at it alone hoping and praying that we succed.

At the moment we have our "eye " set on Alberta because that's where my husband would be likely to got work ...please give us guidance, tips and advice on the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance 

Marlene 

Nelline

Welcome, Marlene! You need to research the PNP routes (provincial nominations). Look at all the Provinces' PNPs, especially the ones which do not require a job offer because to get an offer of employment from a Canadian employer whilst you're still in SA will be very difficult (getting an LMIA is hard work and without that you cannot get a work permit). Do a search on this forum for "PNP" and "Provincial nomination" and you will find a wealth of reading to do. 
You are unlikely to get an invitation to apply for PR via the Express Entry route with the qualifications you mentioned, your EE scores just won't be high enough, sorry. Also research the AIPP (Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme) through which designated employers can make you a job offer without requiring an LMIA.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Ulrichm

Thank you so much Neline..i will definitely check it out. 

MaryJane

Welcome to the forums, @Ulrichm

It is both an exciting and frightening moment when you realize and make that decision.

It is still early stages but if you can determine your EE score, I think you'd be better to know where you stand and understand the ins and outs of the process. I think your husband may score better being the main applicant.

I second @Nelline suggestions for you to check out PNPs and other routes.

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Barries

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and its basically impossible to find work while still in SA. I live in Port Elizabeth and is job searching since June with no luck, not even any replies. I'm a qualified Millwright with 12 years pharmaceutical experiences, travelled the world for my company and cannot find any job offers from Canada. I'm registered with a Canadian immigration lawyer and all my paperwork is ready but I need a job offer to get my EE score correct. I've tried everything now and even all the LinkedIn job applications is a waste of time. I really don't know what to do anymore and my wife is in tears because she don't want to stay here anymore. I have enough money to pay for all my immigration costs and to settle ourselves in Canada, can anyone please help me and advise what the try differently.

Thanks in advance,

Barries.

Edited by Barries
Spelling

LidiaS77

Hi @Barries

If you feel comfortable doing so, perhaps you can post a breakdown of your CRS score here. There might be an area where you can do something to increase your score. As suggested here, have you had a look at any of the Provincial Nomination Programs? Does your wife have any qualifications that could count towards your score?

Ulrichm

@Barries

I'm so sorry you are going through this...keep trying and pushing even if it's studying further ...im willing to do that as long as it gets me there...because I probably feel the exact same as your wife if not more...keep me posted on progress please. 

Have you tried PNP?

Dedré

No advice, just welcome and good luck.