Werner Sizuki Jimny

New user

Werner Sizuki Jimny

Morning everyone.

I have a question im considering to migrate to Canada, im a electrician by trade. Do i beet to do a trade test in SA to accredited me to work in Canada. 

Please anyone out there that made the move or currently busy with the move to Canada any info would be much appreciated

Thank you

Dedré

Sorry, I don't understand your situation clearly. Do you have any qualifications yet? If not... Maybe get accreditation first and then do a Red Seal for Canada. Unless you qualify to study here.

Ulrichm

@Dredre

What is a red seal?

Nelline

The Red Seal Interprovincial Standards Program, also known as Red Seal or simply IP, is a set of trade qualifications in Canada, jointly administered by the Federal, Provincial and Territorial governments. The program has run since 1959.

Trades approved for Red Seal status are called “Red Seal Trades.” The Red Seal Program and the designation of Red Seal trades is the responsibility of the Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA). In order for a trade to be considered for Red Seal status, it must meet certain criteria.

http://www.red-seal.ca/w.2lc.4m.2-eng.html

Ulrichm

Thañk you Nelline I love the way you explain thoroughly 👌

In order to obtain the red seal..do I need to go to Canada ( on a visitor's visa etc?)