logan

Updating travel history after AOR

logan

Hi all,

Based on myImmiTracker (and some posts on this site) I see that there are several (a lot actually) of us who are in limbo.

Our AOR is in Oct, so practically speaking it is still early days, however, I was selfishly hoping to have an answer on PR before Christmas. Selfish since it would be nice to get an answer already; however, I have to travel to the US again at the end of Jan 2019, and the waiting period (coupled with my paranoia about being rejected) has made me consider that it may be necessary to update my travel history in the application if the PPR does not arrive before my intended travel dates -- the thought of having to request an update to our application, and the back and forth that that may entail makes me think it is something to be avoided...

As an aside, I understand that the PPR letter does request the applicant to update the IRCC about  events that may have occurred after the submission (deaths, births, marriage, divorce) -- I'm not sure if an update to travel history is requested there.

Has anybody here had any experience with such a scenario? Would I be required to request an update to the application, and if so: is there a process to follow?

Cheerio!

Kitcat

Hi @logan, I had the same concern as my husband travels frequently for work, and when I asked our agent about this they said it is not necessary to update travel history after you have submitted your application, so we have not done so. The only update we did send to the CIC was our change of address, as this is specifically listed as something that we have to inform them of.

• Like 1

NW18

First all congratulations on coming this far in the process 😀

I agree with @Kitcat it’s only Pre-AOR that you need to worry about. Time between AOR and PPR does not need to be accounted for travel . Only if there are changes in the family structure, with documents (passportetc.) or on medical side then you’d have to raise a query with CIC. Once you submit your application your profile gets locked anyway.

goodluck! The trick is to be patient. The process is very straightforward but can take time. We were hoping to get an answer in 4 months and we got in 5 months which isn’t really bad considering some other applicants. 

We landed 2 days ago in Burlington and are embracing our new lives!

• Like 3

logan
5 hours ago, NW18 said:

First all congratulations on coming this far in the process

Thanks @NW18! Appreciate the kudos!

7 hours ago, Kitcat said:

and when I asked our agent about this they said it is not necessary to update travel history after you have submitted your application, so we have not done so

5 hours ago, NW18 said:

Time between AOR and PPR does not need to be accounted for travel .

Thanks @Kitcat, @NW18, this puts my mind at ease. I was really hoping for this 'positive' sort of advice! 🙂

5 hours ago, NW18 said:

The trick is to be patient.

It just requires a Herculean effort at this point. But then, as I said, early days. I have a pang of guilt every time I get impatient and then I see @Kitcat on myimmitracker... 😞 (I'm assuming that is you?)

Kitcat
30 minutes ago, logan said:

Thanks @NW18! Appreciate the kudos!

Thanks @Kitcat, @NW18, this puts my mind at ease. I was really hoping for this 'positive' sort of advice! 🙂

It just requires a Herculean effort at this point. But then, as I said, early days. I have a pang of guilt every time I get impatient and then I see @Kitcat on myimmitracker... 😞 (I'm assuming that is you?)

Indeed that’s me - eight months and two days 😑 but I’ve finally let it go and what shall be shall be 🙂

• Like 1

Jowey Lewis

@kitkcat so sorry man... I would assume that you don't have your notes yet or they have not given much details? :(

Kitcat

We got our notes a couple of weeks ago and our eligibility is met, so the only thing we can think of that’s holding up the process is that we’ve gone into security screening thanks to an extensive travel history in the Middle East and Africa.

Talent79

@Kitcat...that sounds very very positive...prayers are with you...It has been a long excruciating wait for you...Congrats on passing the Eligibility