Sign in to follow this  
Odijonk

Phase 2 .. New skill set..Wrapping up in SA

Odijonk

After a gruling 1 year and 8 months to finally sit and type in the early hours of the morning I can say we are nearly on our way to Canada. If you thought sleep was evasive when you were waiting for your confirmation on visa approved... wel wel wel. Another skill comes in for a swoop to show you what adventures all about... little sleep... jip that nearly same one you had when you kiddies are small you are awake and the world is asleep and you think will i ever have a full night rest again.. ugggg... o well part of the journey 🤔.. we have sold everything going from a 4 bedroom house to a small 2 bedroom that we rented for 2 months and now we are between Airbnb and guesthouses.. so moving and shaking is the name of the game... all we have left is a Toyota fortuner full of our last belongings... what a relief.. yes many would say it is memories lost and painful, but for me not so much. With each item gone i felt the presure of worry lifting off my shoulders and what a relief. Under all the stress moving around rushing and having a TO DO list as long as my arm I am SUPER excited and ready for change. For a couple of years now I have felt out of place in the world/environment i move in daily. 

Kids.. resilient.. jip that is the magical word that gets connected to these small humans that remind us to stay in the moment.. with my son laying beside me snoring away and hubby "dossing" up a storm i find peace knowing we are in for a ride... 

Saying our goodbyes the last month or so to family and friends are though but I have been doing it for the last year secretly at heart.. making every visit every occasion count when i see special people makes me feel calmer for the last time... i know mum, sister and brother will be another story.. thats gonna hurt... 

i have met great people on social platforms during this process and checking in with them have become second nature.. its been a great support to connect with these ladies and they gave me the biggest boost when i was at my lowest... i am thankful to be blessed to get n second clean slate in life ... i want more out of this life and i want to make the change.. so yes.. Micheal Jackson song.. man in the mirror comes to mind and boy ou boy.. we are doing it.. Canada see you in 8 more restless nights ☃🎄

• Like 5

Amy G
1 hour ago, Odijonk said:

For a couple of years now I have felt out of place in the world/environment i move in daily. 

i want more out of this life and i want to make the change.. 

❤️

Edited by Amy G

Dedré

@Odijonk, where are you moving to?

Best of luck. Canada is not perfect, but it is darn close!

Odijonk

@Dedré.. we are moving to Lethbridge.. 2 hours drive south of Calgary..tnx for the well wishes i know we will need it...