Sign in to follow this  
Guest Melissa Erasmus

Application just getting started

Guest Melissa Erasmus

Hi

Melissa here; I'm just getting started. I created a WES account. I would like to apply for permanent residency in Canada. I have two daughters aged 8 and 7. Please can you direct my steps

OutOfSa

Hi

The first step is to read as much as you can - while this (overall immigration) is a relatively simple process, there are a myriad of possible routes and hidden complexities.

(There are also charlatans and snake oil vendors under every key.)

The most reliable place to get info is from the horse's mouth, so check this link out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=4

It's very common for people who ask "tell me what to do" to get growled at and shouted down..... But I know it all seems TOTALLY overwhelming on day one, however trust me,

if you put your head down and do some reading it will start to make sense.  

You need to be strong enough to start, otherwise how can you ever expect to succeed?!  No one is going to do it for you, even those that promise to be your best buddy (for a price).

Take special care when doing online quizzes etc, try and make sure everything you use is trustworthy - as in Canadian Government sites.  There are a million-and-one nasty people out there

that will think nothing of preying on your vulnerability and sucking you dry.  Any site offering quick quizzes, or guarantees, or "you can live in Canada with us" is absolute BS.

Anything to do with legitimate Canadian government stuff will have   www.cic.gc.ca at the front.  Anything else needs to be treated with suspicion.

Good luck with your journey, it will be most arduous, and may make you cry - but if you succeed, it'll be worth it. 

Dr Seuss: "I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew" is about the gist of it.... https://www.scribd.com/doc/234638801/Dr-Seuss-I-Had-Trouble-in-Getting-to-Solla-Sollew

The morals not quite on the money for your journey, but the journey is spot on !

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this